Article source: ATELIERS 2/3/4/
The present building is showing off a typical facade of the eighties office towers’ architecture, with a less satisfying relationship with the soil, a heightened repeat of a floor standard, of a window type, with a simple and smooth façade thus a kind of autism to its own context.
The building wanted to be a tower, but it’s not. Its small length didn’t allow it to compete with its close sisters. Its location, on the fringes of La Defense’s slab, makes it belong more to the “domestic” city and its codes. Thus, he should renounce to his solitary object status.
The project is trying to rectify those miscommunications by making “Ampère e+” belong to the urban system of Courbevoie’s city, by supporting the transfer of the circular boulevard into an urban boulevard. Our task was also to shape and rank the present building, to make it comprehensible and careful to its urban context.
- Architects: ATELIERS 2/3/4/
- Project: Ampère e+: Refurbishment of Sogeprom Headquarters
- Location: Courbevoie, La Défense, France (34-40 rue Henri Regnault, Courbevoie)
- Photography: Charly Broyez
- Team: Jean Mas, Architect Partner, Fabienne Garrigues, Réda Mazouz and Agate Mordka (project directors), Manuel Afsar, Orion Anglade, Gabriel Garcia, Alice Heaney, Olivier Jacques, Adrien Petit.
- Engeering: INEX / SCYNA4 / ARCORA / ETAMINE / PEUTZ / GVI / Infra Services
- Client: SOGEPROM / Investor: PRIMONIAL
- Constructor: SICRA / Goyer / Tenzini
- Construction cost: 28 500 000€
- Built Area (m2 or sqft): 15000m²
- Completion Year: 2017