Article source: David Jay Weiner, Architect, P.C.
This project is a response to a client’s desire to build a small retreat in the high dessert of the San Luis Valley (elevation +8,500 ft.) with stunning views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and the Great Sand Dunes National Monument. The area is known for its serenity and environmental uniqueness. The house is designed to not only respond to that environment but also to take advantage of the unique spirituality of the site.
- Architect: David Jay Weiner, Architect, P.C.
- Name of Project: Zen Garden House
- Location: Crestone, Colorado
- Structural Engineer: Robert Silman Associates, P.C.
- Contractor: Keith Teahen Construction
- Photographer: Bill Ellzey