Article source: Trahan Architects
Located to the north-east of Crowley, the site lies between the urban/residential development to the west and the rural/agricultural development to the east. The design seeks to mediate this threshold and express the importance of the local agricultural development to place. Rice is the primary economy in the Parish and city of Crowley. Rice fields create a beautiful mosaic that blanket the landscape. Contours follow the natural topography, control water run-off and delineate rice paddies. As technology has advanced the rice fields have evolved from a more fluid configuration to a more orthogonal configuration. This results in a more efficient layout and maximizes the yield.
- Architect: Trahan Architects
- Name of Project: Acadia Parish Conference Center
- Location: Crowley, Louisiana
- Program: Conference Center
- Floor Area: 69,000 g.s.f.
- Cost: To Be Determined
- Software used: AutoCAD (2D), Rhinoceros and FormZ (3D), Illustrator and InDesign (Graphics)