Article source: L3P Architects
Renovation / extension, conversion of the former restaurant Metzger Hall, Dielsdorf apartment house with 3 newly constructed apartments, 5 renovated apartments, 1 commercial area Construction time beginning 2009 – April 2010, first use May 2010.
The project is located in the village of Dielsdorf in the Zurich Lowlands. The building project in the central district of the village and is located directly on Wehntalerstrasse, the main street, which leads to Zurich. Formerly a restaurant, a butcher’s shop and abattoir were found in the building at Mühlestrasse 1. Today, it is known as the Metzger (Butcher’s) Hall restaurant. The restaurant with kitchen and the employees’ rooms were found in the main house. The abattoir was located in the older extension to the west and the butcher’s shop was to the south. The outer space was used for park places.
- Architecture: L3P Architects
- Name of Project: Renovation Extension, conversion of the former restaurant Metzger Hall
- Location: Mühlestrasse, Dielsdorf, Switzerland
- Building constructor: private
- Project Leader: Martin Reusser dipl. Arch. FH Reg A; Frank Schäfer dipl. Arch. ETH
- Photography: Sabrina Dohle