Hearst Tower’s distinctive facetted silhouette rises dramatically above Joseph Urban’s existing six-storey Art Deco building, its main spatial event a vast internal plaza, occupying the entire shell of the historic base. Designed to consume significantly less energy than a conventional New York office building, it is a model of sustainable office design.
- Architect: Foster + Partners, Fit-out
- Name of Project: Hearst Tower
- Location: Eighth Avenue, New York, USA
- Date: 2001-2006
- Co-architects: Adamson Associates
- Image credit: Chuck Choi, Nigel Young – Foster Partners
- Drawings credit: Foster Partners