Article source: ARANEA GROUP
El Valle Trenzado aims to recover the pedestrian’s traffic footprint. Since the channeling works that were made in the 70s definitely skewed Elche’s Canyon continuity. For years the citizens of the city went through this place hardly enjoying it.
This landform (which reaches 40 meters deep) gives the city a chance to travel in a few minutes to an area of high environmental quality.
- Architects: ARANEA GROUP
- Project: El Valle Trenzado
- Location: Elche, Spain
- Authors: ARANEA GROUP ,Francisco Leiva Ivorra architect , Marta García Chico agronomist-landscape , Dancing architect Antoni Jimenez , Real Baeza architect Procorus
- Contributors: Architect David Gallardo Llopis , Martín López Robles architect , Luis Navarro Jover architect , Javier Pérez López architect Benjamin , Marian Almansa Frias architect , Jordi Quiñonero Oltra sociologist , Anna Pont-environmental biologist Solbes , Agate architect Vicente Alcaraz
- Developer, Owner, Institution: City of Elche
- Technical Architect: ristina Carbonell Alesón , Maria Baeza Jesus Alemany
- Material Total Budget Execution: € 2,382,000
- Surface: 115,000 m2