Posts Tagged ‘England’
Wednesday, October 26th, 2016
Article source: Re-Format LLp
The mature and secluded site is located in Haslemere on the edge of the Surrey Hills, enjoying stunning, long ranging views towards the South Downs and beyond.
The client’s brief was for a detached ancillary building to the existing house, to provide an indoor pool and spa, gym, bicycle workshop and glasshouse. Above all the building had to be beautiful, finely crafted at every detail using the highest quality materials. The Pool House needed to function effortlessly in a variety of environments, whether for a relaxing solitary swim or a family pool party for 30.
Image Courtesy © Re-Format LLp
- Architects: Re-Format LLp
- Project: The Pool House
- Location: Haslemere, England
Friday, October 21st, 2016
Article source: Giles Miller Studio
‘Perspectives’ is an organic pavilion structure covered with Cedar Shingles, which sits atop the beautiful Surrey Hills at Winterfold, and throws itself evocatively into the vista that has been opened up below.
Image Courtesy © John Miller
Tuesday, October 18th, 2016
Article source: Walker Bushe Architects
Acquisition of an adjoining site made possible a new extension to an existing Victorian period house in Brondesbury, North London, which had stabling at ground floor level originally. This enabled a doubling of the original volume and transformation into a stunning contemporary home for the two occupants.
Image Courtesy © Antonio Visceglia
- Architects: Walker Bushe Architects
- Project: Mowbray Road
- Location: North London, England
- Photography: Antonio Visceglia
- Software used: Vectorworks
- Main Contractor: Apace Construction
Thursday, October 6th, 2016
Article source: Edgley Design
Godson Street is a new-build 1,015 sq m mixed-use development in Islington, central London. It is the result of a Community Joint Venture, set up by three partner groups who were neighbours of the vacant brownfield site and came together to purchase the site and develop it in partnership.
Image Courtesy © Edgley Design
Wednesday, September 28th, 2016
Article source: Fernanda Marques Arquitetos Associados
A haven for a young couple of art collectors and their two children to relax, coexist in harmony with their collection of works of art and design and feel at home in, right in the centre of London.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra
- Architects: Fernanda Marques Arquitetos Associados (Fernanda Marques)
- Project: LONDON II
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Fernando Guerra
- Contractor: 8 Build
- Area: 830m²
- Start date: 2014
- Completion date: 2015
Thursday, September 8th, 2016
Article source: Mackay + Partners
The new 291 bed hotel building designed by Mackay + Partners, for developers Endurance Land & Scottish Widows Investment Partnership (SWIP), will be operated by Motel One and opened pre-Christmas 2014.
The 4 star hotel will support the tourism needs at the edge of the City.
The building has created a new contemporary focus and identity on The Minories that will act as a benchmark for future neighbouring developments.
Image Courtesy © Mackay + Partners
- Architects: Mackay + Partners (Ken Mackay)
- Project: Minories Hotel
- Location: London, England
Saturday, August 27th, 2016
Article source: ING
British Airways i360 is the world’s tallest moving observation tower: a 162-metre-tall vertical tower with a fully enclosed futuristic glass observation pod that gently lifts groups of up to 200 passengers to a height of 138 metres.
Image Courtesy © British Airways i360
- Architects: Marks Barfield Architects
- Project: British Airways i360
- Location: Brighton, England, UK
- Photography: British Airways i360
- Client: Brighton i360 Ltd
- Form of contract: NEC Option A
- Civil and structural engineer: Jacobs UK
- MEP services engineer: Jacobs UK
- Project manager: Jacobs UK
- CDM coordinator / PD: Jacobs UK
- Local PM and civil engineer: Helmsley Orrell Partnership
Friday, August 12th, 2016
Article source: align
Mendeley is a fast-growing, global, collaborative research and knowledge-sharing platform with over 3m global users. At the core of the business offer are cloud-based tools, platforms and services, designed to help scholars all over the world discover content, organise their papers and connect with other researchers, with the overall aim of making science more open, social and accessible.
The Mendeley offices are on the third floor of the Alphabeta building, Image Courtesy © Gareth Gardner
- Architects: align
- Project: Mendeley Office
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Gareth Gardner
Tuesday, August 9th, 2016
Article source: Henning Stummel Architects Ltd.
Set in a Victorian neighbourhood, this backland site is overlooked on all sides. Our response was to develop a low, inward looking courtyard house, offering both visual and acoustic privacy.
Image Courtesy © Tim Soar
- Architects: Henning Stummel Architects Ltd.
- Project: Tin House
- Location: West London, England
- Photography: Tim Soar and Luke Caulfield
- Software used: Autocad, Sketch-up
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016
Article source: v2com
LLI Design recently completed a total redesign and refurbishment of a 4 story 1970’s townhouse in Highgate, a leafy and desirable part of London.
The house had tremendous potential and the new owners, a young professional couple, wanted to embrace the 1970’s feel, rather than try to ignore it, albeit not in a cliched way. Top of their wish list was a contemporary glass and steel open tread staircase and a master bathroom with a distinctive WOW factor.
Image Courtesy © Alex Maguire
- Architects: LLI Design
- Project: Southwood
- Location: Highgate, London, England
- Photography: Alex Maguire
- Contractors: Pegasus Property
- Home Automation: Pegasus Automation