Article source: Humberto Conde Arq.
The Project of “Estoril 153” intends to solve the difference of levels between two streets. This is done with the creation of a services ground floor where two housing volumes settle. The volume A, with 5 levels, ensures the west urban front of the Mello e Sousa street. It´s turned to the sea and that explains the multiplous terraces it has as well as its grey color that is inspired on the foggy days sky common of this coast areas. This color is also the color of the predominant stone – “azulino de cascais”.
- Architects: Humberto Conde Arq.
- Project: Estoril 153
- Location: Av. Aida 153, Estoril, Portugal.
- Photography: Fernando Guerra (FG+SG)
- Type of the Project: Housing and services building.
- Architect in Charge: Humberto Conde
- Collaborators: Paulo Figueiredo , Helena Ramos , Leopoldo Calhau , Filipe Ramalho
- Structures: Oliveira Rodrigues – Remode
- Lanscape Architecture: Teresa Rego
- Promotor: PARK URBANO
- Construction Management: URBECASTE
- Construction period: 2001-2006
- Project Area: 5186,00 m²
- Software used: AutoCAD