Article source: CM Architecture
Akatlar, which is one of the housing areas in Istanbul, in due course has other functions such as commerce and office. The subject building, which has been built in the 1960s, is the renewal of the existing building by keeping of the contour and the height.
- Architects: CM Architecture
- Project: Garanti Bank Service Building
- Location: Etiler, İstanbul
- Photography: Cemal Emden
- CM Mimarlık Project Team : Tolga Yağlı, Seda Kayalar, Çağrı Küçükay, Barış Kıldiş
- Client: Garanti Yatırım Menkul Kıymetler A.Ş.
- Project Year: 2008 – 2009
- Construction Year: 2009 – 2010
- Site Area: 1398 m²
- Structural Project: Altınsoy İnşaat, Taahhüt, Proje ve Ticaret Ltd. Şti.
- Project Type: Office Building
- Construction Style: Concrete
Although it is an office building, it can be read as a housing morphology due to its district and various constructional constraints. The upper shell obliged to have a hipped roof by the same constraints and it is hidden behind the parapet. Side shells of the building are fiber reinforced concrete panel and wood. Backyard, which is the existing structural contour, has a usage as outer gathering space, and as an endpoint of the fire-escape stairs that is attached to the building. The project is with cooperation Midek/Mingü A.Ş.