Article source: Pedro Domingos
The transformative substance of this project consists of a parcel of land (950m2), that is integrated into the agricultural system of Barrocal and a small house in ruins (80m2).
The ruin of traditional genesis, displays the characteristics of the vernacular architecture of the Algarve.
The strategy consists on clarifying the limits of the central space of property – a void enclosed by the ruin and the “hedges” and the upland trees. The clearing delimited of this emptiness is made with the recuperation of the existing ruin defining the western boundary, with the construction of a new wing set back from the existing group, establishing the northern boundary and the setting of a water tank at the south end of the plot.
- Architects: Pedro Domingos
- Project: House of Agostos
- Location: Santa Barbara-de-Nexe, Faro, Portugal
- Project team: Celia Faria, Humberto Dias, Sonia Carvalheiro
- Year of project: 2003/2005
- Year of construction: 2006/2010
- Engineering: Luis Santos Palma, JAC, João Teixeira da Silva
- Built Área: 200m2 (house) + 900m2 (landscape)
- Cost: 250,000 Euros
- Photographs: Fernando Guerra, FG+SG fotografia de arquitectura