Posts Tagged ‘Georgia’
Thursday, November 29th, 2012
Article source: Lord, Aeck & Sargent
Back in the early 1950s, when noted Atlanta architect Richard L. Aeck stood with his 4-year-old son Tony on a reviewing stand overlooking North Georgia College’s revered drill field at the center of campus, he could not have known that the military barracks he was designing for a site opposite the stand would some 60 years later be restored and rehabilitated by the descendant architecture firm to his own Aeck Associates.
Gaillard Hall at North Georgia College & State University is a good example of international style architecture and was saved from demolition due to its historic significance as the campus’ best example of mid-20th century architecture and its unique proximity and relationship to the historic drill field. © 2012 Jonathan Hillyer
- Architects: Lord, Aeck & Sargent
- Project: The Gaillard Hall
- Location: Dahlonega, Georgia
- Photography: Jonathan Hillyer
- Owner: North Georgia College & State University Real Estate Foundation
- Developer: Ambling University Development Group (Valdosta, Ga.)
- Program Manager: Jones Lang LaSalle (Atlanta office)
- General Contractor: Choate Construction (Atlanta)
- Landscape Architect: Eberly & Associates (Atlanta)
- MEP/FP Engineer: Andrews, Hammock & Powell, Inc. (Macon, Ga.)
- Structural Engineer: KSi/Structural Engineers (Atlanta)
- Low-voltage Engineers: J&A Engineering (Marietta, Ga.)
- Civil Engineer: Haines Gipson & Associates (Lawrenceville, Ga.)
Thursday, October 4th, 2012
Article source: Architects of Invention Ltd
The existing building complex was built in the 70th century – for the Soviet Military Headquarters of the Caucasus region. The complex consists of several building. Special attention is given to the upper blocks (Blocks No: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6). Structural analysis is done specifically for the main building of the complex. The complex is located on crossroads of the Vake-Saburtalo road and Tamarashvili Avenue opposite the Hippodrome.It is formed in Russian letter П-shape.
Image Courtesy Architects of Invention Ltd
- Architects: Architects of Invention Ltd
- Project: TBC Bank Headquarters, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Location: Tamarashvili al., Tbilisi, Georgia
- Project: Office Building
- Status: Completed
Program: Lobby, Courtyard, Oaisis, Offices, Business Centre, Cafe, Sky Park etc.
- Area: NIA (net internal) – 31,958.08m2 GIA (gross internal) – 37,221.01m2 GEA (gross external) – 42,359.83m2
- Credits: Niko Japaridze, Gogiko Sakvarelidze, Dato Tsanava, Eka Kankava, Nika Maisuradze, Nika Maisuradze, David Dolidze, Eka Rekhviashvili, PM Devi Kituashvili
- Structural Engineers Consultants: Engenuiti, UK (www.engenuiti.com)
- CAD: AutoCad, Rihno, 3Dmax, Sketchup, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Saturday, July 28th, 2012
Article source: Architects of Invention
The building consists of two fifty by twenty horizontal planes, connected with ten perimetrical columns and two independent glass volumes. Each volume is double stories connect wit each other with underground path. Top horizontal plane acts as a common roof for both volumes. Lower horizontal plane acts as common platform and a public space.
Image Courtesy Nakanimamasakhlisi Photo Lab
- Architects: Architects of Invention
- Project: House of Justice
- Location: K. Gamsakhurdia Squ. Ozurgeti, Georgia
- Function : House of Justice
- Site area : 1100 ㎡
- Building area : 3638 ㎡
- Total Floor Area : 1438 ㎡
- Budget: $2mil
- Stories : 2 + underground
Thursday, July 5th, 2012
Article source: CMD Ingenieros
The building of the new Parliament of Georgia wants to project a modern and organic image as a reflection of the big changes that the country is experiencing. The first thing to change is the location. The new Parliament is moving from Tbilisi to Kutaisi, to a large area, which will soon become a great park hosting such this singular building.
- Architects: CMD Ingenieros
- Project: New Parliament of Georgia
- Location: Georgia
- Year of the Project: 2010
- Year of Construction: 2011-2012
- Client: Kutaisi City Hall
- Surface: 45,000 square meters
- Budget: Euros 82,000,000
Wednesday, June 13th, 2012
Article source: Architects of Invention Ltd.
The sale office is located on one of the main avenues in the centre of Tbilisi. The surrounding area is mostly for residential use with some office buildings and banks in the area. There are fashion shops and some other trading shops along the facade.
Image Courtesy NAKANIMAMASAKHLISI PHOTO LAB
Tuesday, June 12th, 2012
Article source: Lord Aeck & Sargent
A serendipitous alignment of program, a compatible historic structure and creativity, have resulted in an environmentally sensitive, high-tech classroom building that is transforming the teaching and learning experience – along with the entire campus – at Columbia Theological Seminary.
The $8.2 million building, named the Vernon S. Broyles Jr. Leadership Center, connects a 20,500-square-foot repurposed historic dormitory built in 1932 with 16,000 square feet of new construction to create what is now the seminary’s primary classroom building and outdoor learning/gathering space. The structure – contemporary yet sensitive to the historic collegiate gothic architecture of the seminary’s other buildings – has become a focal point that anchors a previously nondescript but public corner of the campus.
New High-tech Classroom Building - © Jonathan Hillyer / Atlanta
- Architects: Lord Aeck & Sargent
- Project: New High-tech Classroom Building
- Location: Decatur, Georgia
- Software used: Designed in Revit. Renderings utilized Photoshop as well.
Sunday, May 27th, 2012
Article source: BB studio
Structure of the project is reinforced concrete construction.The idea was to dominate themain house entrance in building’s architecture.This kind of decision alsomerges building perfectly with the surrounding area. Living room and bedrooms open fascinating view of river Aragvi
House in Aragvispiri
- Architects: BB studio
- Project: House in Aragvispiri
- Location: Aragvispiri, Georgia
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012
Article source: BB studio
The project is located in Tbilisi, Vazisubani. The design had to be carried out on two roads. With one of access from the project area, falls a small source, which contributed to such an interesting type of solution. We decided to make project of a small car bridge, what would be the way to enter the car in the garage. The summer side of the verandah which is slightly separated from the street with the construction fence. In accordance with the customer there are: Garage for one car, living room, kitchen – dining room, bathrooms, wine cellar, bedrooms and an open summer verandas.
House Near The Source
- Architects: BB studio
- Project: House Near The Source
- Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
- Period of Design: 2010
- Software used: Modeled in Archicad and rendered in V-ray
Friday, May 11th, 2012
Article source: Moment Factory
The lights and images become part of the body of the surface they inhabit. Does the light mold itself to the architectural forms or do the structures themselves arch into the light? An organic relationship, the urban environment is subtly activated to engage both employees and passersby.
- Architects: Moment Factory
- Project: 1075 Peachtree
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Client: PHA Lighting Group
- Software used: AfterEffects, Final Cut for the creation of the video content.
Saturday, May 5th, 2012
Article source: J. MAYER H. Architects
In 2009 Head of Roads Department of Georgia commissioned J. MAYER H. to design a system of Rest Stops for the new highway, which will run through Georgia and connect the Republic of Azerbaijan with the Republic of Turkey. Two Rest Stops have been completed while this third one is under construction.
Images Courtesy Jesko M. Johnsson-Zahn
- Architect: J. MAYER H. Architects
- Name of project: Reststops Gori
- Location: Lochini, Georgia
- Team: Jürgen Mayer H., Paul Angelier, Danny te Kloese
- Project Design: 2011
- Expected Completion: 2012
- Function: Rest Stop
- Client: PM Motors Ltd.
- Photographs: Jesko M. Johnsson-Zahn