Article source: DeStefano Partners
The LEED Silver Certified Technology Education Center (TEC) is a 178,000 sf facility (plus a 12,000 sf separate greenhouse) accommodating a diverse set of programs and educational spaces, including laboratory, classroom and office areas to support the College technology-based career training courses. The TEC is intended to support a broad sustainable and educational agenda, promoting environmental consciousness through the synthesis of technological expertise and design principles.
- Architect: DeStefano Partners, Chicago, Illinois
- Name of Project: College of DuPage Technology Education Center
- Location: Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- Completion Date: April 2010
- Type: New construction
- Size: 178,000 sf (plus 12,000 sf separate Greenhouse)
- Photographer: Barbara Karant / Karant + Associates, Inc.
- Software used: Autodesk Revit