Posts Tagged ‘Greece’
Friday, September 30th, 2016
Article source: KLab architecture
After a successful collaboration for Andronikos hotel in Mykonos, KLab architecture and Andronikos hotels joined forces again for a new hotel in Santorini. A large house from the 70’s, located in Imerovigli Santorini, of three floors was rethought as 6 suites hotel. Above the volcano caldera and the famous rock “skaros” KLab architecture changed throughout the existing building to accommodate the needs of the new hotel. 6 large suites and a sky bar on the terrace were conceived as a modern interpretation of the cave like vernacular houses of Santorini. New vaults and arches and curvaceous edges recreate the unique aura of traditional houses.
Image Courtesy © Akis Paraskevopoulos
- Architects: KLab architecture
- Project: Andronikos Hotel
- Location: Santorini, Greece
- Photography: Akis Paraskevopoulos
- Principal architect: Konstantinos Labrinopoulos
- Project architect: Veronika Vasileiou
- Employer: Andronikos Hotel
- Plot Surface: 350 m2
- Building: 350 m2
- Design: 2016
- Construction: 2016
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016
Article source: RC Group
For the Passaggio project our firm had to design a cocktail restaurant, which would be completely different from what we usually encounter. The clients requested a truly innovative and out of the box design, that would bring together elements of nature whilst achieving perfect harmony between the natural elements and the crowded metropolis.
Image Courtesy © George Fakaros
- Architects: RC Group
- Project: Passaggio Coffee/Bar/Restaurant
- Location: Athens,Greece
- Photography: George Fakaros
- Software used: Archicad
- Year: 2016
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016
Article source: K-DIVISION ARCHITECTURE
Tesoro Blu Hotel + Spa, a 4 * category, is the latest venture of modern hotel architecture and design in the Ionian region. It consists of 89 rooms and 4 suites with a total capacity of 200 beds. The hotel is built in the most idyllic part of Kefalonia, on the southeastern tip named “Skala”, on a seaside plot, surrounded by wild, dense slopes.
Image Courtesy © Vaggelis Paterakis
- Architects: K-DIVISION ARCHITECTURE (Mike Kraounakis), WoArchitects and bdg architects
- Project: Tesoro Blu Hotel + Spa
- Location: Skala Beach/Kefalonia, Greece
- Photography: Vaggelis Paterakis
- Owner: P. Pagoulatos
- Structural Engineering: Antreas Aikaterinis, Antonis Takasis
- Services Engineering: A & G Tzouganatos & Co
- Lighting Design: CPLD Lighting Design
- Landscape Design: Maggie Papadatou
- Site Management: K-DIVISION ARCHITECTURE
- Plot Area: 23.281,00 m2
- Building Area: 4.642,03 m2
- Design Year: 2007-2009
- Construction Year: 2009-2011
Friday, July 22nd, 2016
Article source: S2PiA architects
The short story
The project was awarded to us by a family leaving in Athens keen on a new country house in the Arcadian Landscape.
Design started mid-2012 and work on site was completed at the end of 2014.
It all started as a simple snapshot; At a very steep site with clear view towards the sea a holiday retreat protects its inhabitants from the sun heat and the strong winds while soothing the senses under the moonlight.
We have placed the building at the only available naturally formed plateau of the site in order to avoid unnecessary groundworks that could spoil the relief.
Image Courtesy © Erieta Attali
- Architects: S2PiA Architects (Panagiotis Papassotiriou) and 02 Architecture & Mech. Engineering (Valia Foufa)
- Project: Villa Melana
- Location: Pera Melana, Tyros, Greece
- Photography: Erieta Attali, Pygmalion Karatzas
- Kratimenos Antonis _ Civil Eng.
- Kabilis Nikos _ Mechanical Eng.
- Bokolas Dimitrios_ Koulos Evangelos _ Topographical Survey
- Taraviras George _ Civil Eng. _ Consultant
- Site Area: 6.085 m2
- Total Gross Surface Area: 205 τ.μ (158 τ.μ Main House + 47 τ.μ Ancillary Spaces)
- Design Date: 2012
- Completion Date: 2014
Friday, May 20th, 2016
Article source: Golden Ratio Collective Architecture
In the region of Kifissia, a three-storey house is renovated and decorated proposing a new lifestyle. Linear blinds act as a unifying element of space, while individual functional units are formed: espresso point, breakfast, living room. Boundaries are expanding due to the view of the garden and the surrounding area, where a swimming-pool is going to be constructed. Textures, colors and shapes are being juxtaposed, creating a game of contrasts and reflections. Warm wooden textures and smooth vertical surfaces co-exist, giving space a unique identity. Horizontal leather blinds filter natural light and determine outdoor views, allowing space to evolve during the day.
Image Courtesy © Demi Karatzaferi
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016
Article source: Jean-Pierre HEIM and Associates Inc.
” New visionary Delos Museum architecture concept self driven proposal by Jean Pierre HEIM and Carolyn HEIM architects “.
From Mythological sibling Apollo and Artemis the new DELOS ,will be designed as a symmetrical aspect value due to the equilateral mythic triangle of the DELTA: symbol of Delos.
Image Courtesy © Jean-Pierre HEIM and Associates Inc.
Saturday, May 7th, 2016
Article source: Georges Batzios Architects
TO TSAI TEAM ROOM is located at Alexander Soutsou str in Kolonaki, one of the most lively areas in Athens. Kolonaki is a very dense zone located in the south of lycabetus hill, between the archeological/ institutional center of Athens and the anarchist zone of Exarchia that occupies the west part of the lycabetus hill. It’s consider to be the most expensive area of Athens and its residents are well educated and wealthy. Because of its multi-use character ( residential, offices, retail, entairtenment, art, institutional) it’s consider to be the part of the city that never sleeps. People from all the Attica basin along with a lot of tourist are visiting the area in order to visit the newest culinary experimentation or to visit an exposition in one of the multiple galleries and design stores in the area. In fact Kolonaki is an area the open to experimentation in design, lifestyle, architecture, urban culture.
Image Courtesy © Georges Batzios Architects
- Architects: Georges Batzios Architects
- Project: To Tsai Tea Room
- Location: Al. soutsou 19 Str & Lykavitou, Kolonaki, Athens, Greece
- Software used: Autocad, Rhinoceros, 3d Studio Max, Photoshop
- Client: Mlesna Hellas
- Production Manager: Kostas Papatheodorou
- Construction Manager: Georges Batzios Architects
- Wood Construction: Mixalis Petritis
- Electrical Works: Giorgos Mastorakis
- Steel Works: Giorgos Friganiotis
- Lighting Consultants: L4a
- Surface: 120 M2
- Status: Completed 11/2015
Tuesday, March 29th, 2016
Article source: Katerina Valsamaki architects
The house is located in the northeast corner of the island of Zakynthos, Greece, in the summer village Ammoudi that means sandy beach and it is named after the small beach in front of the site.
The plot has unlimited view to the sea to the east and is densely planted, especially at its boundaries, with trees and vines creating a private garden.
Image Courtesy © Konstantinos Thomopoulos
- Architects: Katerina Valsamaki architects
- Project: Ammoudi House
- Location: Zakynthos, Greece
- Photography: Konstantinos Thomopoulos
- Project architect: Katerina Valsamaki
- Collaborators: Nikos Ioannou, Alexandra Baklatzi, Elena Ifanti, Vilma Agrafioti, Katerina Charisiadou
- Structural engineer: Ergosystem – Chrysanthos Kalligeros
- Services engineer: George Giannopoulos
- Construction: Katerina Valsamaki
- Project area: 275m2
- Project year: 2015
Sunday, March 6th, 2016
Article source: Golden Ratio Collective Architecture
The Golden Ratio architectural office is an alternative approach to the concept of communication and cooperation. A broad wooden surface forms a welcoming gate to the inner space of the company. Three construction helmets, as many as the company members, along with the imposing logo made of metal screws, mark the entrance to the working space. “Two quantities are in the golden ratio if …” and journey into the world of Golden Ratio begins.
Image Courtesy © Demi Karatzaferi
- Architects: Golden Ratio Collective Architecture
- Project: Golden Ratio headquarters
- Location: 4 Aiantos st, Vrilissia Athens 15235, Greece
- Photography: Demi Karatzaferi
- Construction: 2014 2015
Friday, March 4th, 2016
Article source: Proestos DESIGN
The residence is located in the northern suburbs of Athens, in three floors within an extensive and varied than 3000m² plot vegetation. The customer wanted to upgrade the exterior sides of the existing building and inside the main living rooms, and expressed the need to add new autonomous residence that balance building factor.
Decommissioning of the pergola entry and replace with metal frame in shape covered with wooden planks to emphasize the importance of the main entrance, Image Courtesy © Proestos DESIGN
- Architects: Proestos DESIGN
- Project: Residence renovation and addition of a new building
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Software used: Autocad, 3ds max