Posts Tagged ‘Greece’
Friday, March 4th, 2016
Article source: Proestos DESIGN
The residence is located in the northern suburbs of Athens, in three floors within an extensive and varied than 3000m² plot vegetation. The customer wanted to upgrade the exterior sides of the existing building and inside the main living rooms, and expressed the need to add new autonomous residence that balance building factor.
Decommissioning of the pergola entry and replace with metal frame in shape covered with wooden planks to emphasize the importance of the main entrance, Image Courtesy © Proestos DESIGN
- Architects: Proestos DESIGN
- Project: Residence renovation and addition of a new building
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Software used: Autocad, 3ds max
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
Article source: Divercity
This residential project is for a detached family home located in Filothei, a low density leafy suburb of Athens.
A key consideration in the design is the accommodation of a large program, within a tight plot.
House’s front view, Image Courtesy © Divercity
- Architects: Divercity
- Project: Filothei House
- Location: Filothei, Athens, Greece
- Client: Private
- Project Status: Developed Design
Sunday, February 14th, 2016
Article source: LKMK architects
This project involved the renovation of a three-story maisonette with a a garden and a pool in the southern suburbs of Athens. The new owner wished to redesign the interior spaces in order to create an aesthetic of architectural clarity and succinctness. The main decorative colour is white, producing not only luminosity, but also creating a relaxing atmosphere. All pieces of furniture were designed in order to satisfy the owner’s modern lifestyle, producing a comfortable and functional living space.
Image Courtesy © LKMK architects
- Architects: LKMK architects
- Project: Private Residence
- Location: Glyfada, Greece
- Software used: Autocad, 3dark max, corona render
Sunday, November 1st, 2015
Article source: FParchitect
The study area is located in the region of Anatoli in Ioannina which is a residential area with low building factor and height. This is a new built area that mostly includes modern townhouses. Our main purpose is to create a modern urban park that hosts many different activities and is aimed at all social groups, creating a recreational area that attracts people of all ages from the whole region.
Image Courtesy © FParchitect
- Architects: FParchitect (Filippos Plataris)
- Project: Public park in Ioannina – “Anatoli Park
- Location: Ioannina – Greece
- Software used: Autocad Architecture, 3dstudio max, Maxwellrender
- G2lab: Giannis Efthymiadis
- Filippos Plataris – Project Architect
- Giannis Efthymiadis – Project Architect
- Client: Municipality of Ioannina
- Status: Bulit
- Building Surface: 5.874,37 M2
- Design Year: 2012
- Completed Year: 2015
Wednesday, September 23rd, 2015
Article source: DWEK ARCHITECTURE + PARTNERS s.c./s.p.r.l.u.
Kefallinia. Cephalonia. The island was even described by Homer in ancient times. Its backbone culminates in a peak 1,628m high, in the midst of the Ionian Sea. Seen from the mainland, it surges out of the blue depths in an intense light, often coiffed with a veil of clouds. So when the opportunity arose to build a house facing this spectacle, the choice was obvious. The subject would of course be the island, framed by the house. From the initial sketches until its completion, the plans were developed around the view. From the terraces, the sitting room, the dining room, kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms, the living space was oriented towards this fascinating seascape, which the architecture emphasises, making it even more theatrical.
Image Courtesy © Serge Anton
Tuesday, September 8th, 2015
Article source: FParchitect
The Prototype Center of Alternative Alpine Tourism, located in Lake Springs Aoou Metsovo, is designed to give a boost and a new market in tourism, both as regards quality of services provided, and the variety of options. It is a center that can meet and reconcile the needs for recreation and relaxation (hotel unit – bungalow, restaurant, pool building) with the sport (sports center, boats port) and culture (convention center). These uses and the way their organization, make the band a unit that can operate autonomously, as is 20 km from the town of Metsovo. The composition blends with the natural environment, which is particularly beautiful, and topography, not by challenging existing habitats (forest, lake). For this reason,are been used principles and technologies of energy and bioclimatic design such as green roofs, the use of photovoltaic (main roof, blinds) and geothermal energy. Finally, the extensive use of materials such as wood, stone and glass contribute to reconciliation between the Centre and its environment.
Image Courtesy © FParchitect
- Architects: FParchitect
- Project: PROTOTYPE CENTER OF ALTERNATIVE ALPINE TOURISM
- Location: Metsovo – Greece – Aoos Srings Lake
- Software used: Autocad Architecture, 3dstudio max, Maxwellrender, Adobe Illustrator
- Study: Filippos Plataris – Architect
- Status: Architectural project
- Building Surface: 6275.65 sq.m.
- Year: 2010
Sunday, September 6th, 2015
Article source: Divercity & Mplusm
This 20-room hotel (a joint project between Divercity and Mplusm) is carved into the cliff-face 300m above Santorini’s volcanic caldera. The understated design allows this extraordinary landscape to take centre stage. The hotel provides a contemporary interpretation of vernacular architecture: economy of space, radical simplicity, and organic forms.
Overview of the hotel, Image Courtesy © Erieta Attali
- Architects: Divercity & Mplusm
- Project: Grace Santorini Hotel & Villa
- Location: Santorini, Greece
- Photography: Erieta Attali & Serge Detalle
- Client: Grace Hotels Group
- Status: Complete, 2010 (Hotel), 2012 (Villa)
- Divercity & Mplusm (Hotel)
- Divercity (Villa)
- Principal Architects:
- Divercity – Nikolas Travasaros / Christina Achtypi
- Mplusm – Memos Filippidis / Marita Nikoloutsou
- Total plot area: 1,033.72 m2
- Total building area: 621.23 m2
- Interior Designers:
- Divercity & Mplusm
- Sophia Vantaraki, (space consultant)
- Alkistie Skarlatou (lighting designer)
Friday, September 4th, 2015
Article source: KDI CONTRACT
In Sikalias Pharmacy project, KDI CONTRACT was commissioned to unify the design of the existing 4-storey building that accommodates the pharmacy, in order to communicate to the public the commitment on scientific research and prevention and, at the same time, promote the specialized services provided.The projectproved particularly challenging, given a number of constraints related to the building’s existing structural conditions and the site’s surrounding constructions.
Image Courtesy © Giannis Gianelos
- Architects: KDI CONTRACT
- Project: Sikalias Pharmacy
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Photography: Giannis Gianelos
- Project Team: Dimitris Konstantinidis, ArgyriMargariti
- Construction: KDI CONTRACT
- Year: 2014 – 2015
- Text: YiannisKourtalis
Wednesday, August 19th, 2015
Article source: Point Supreme Architects
Nadja consists of two apartments on subsequent floors that were renovated and connected with a stair in the middle.The two levels are materialized as opposite spatial experiences. The lower level is a continuous, marine-like environment with big pieces of furniture anchoring the family’s communal activities like floating islands. Instead of the typical division of rooms for kitchen, dining, living and playing, spaces in Nadja are flexible and look towards each other.
Image Courtesy © Yannis Drakoulidis
Sunday, July 26th, 2015
Article source: Katerina Valsamaki
The 580sqm detached house is organized in the form of an L shape inside the oblong site and accommodates a four member family. The integration of the residence into a semi-urban environment is dealt with as a scenario of revelation and dissimulation between private, public and semi-public space; that is to say creating a fluidity of the limits between the living spaces and the public spaces of the building, without however underestimating the importance of privacy. The garden is the focal point of the residence.
Image Courtesy © KATERINA VALSAMAKI
- Architects: Katerina Valsamaki
- Project: DETACHED HOUSE IN DROSIA
- Location: Dolgopolof 7, Drosia, ATHENS, Greece
- Software used: AutoCAD and Vectorworks
- Latitude: 38.118
- Longitude: 23.8585
- Construction year: 2002