Article source: AVA Architects
The house evolves having the planimetry of the city (Guarda-Portugal) as a background. The place, in peripheral context, is profoundly different from the center because of the recently urbanization, the natural territory was depersonalized by the topographic changes caused by that. The existing public space is builded without an organisation that matches the topography of the place, forcing an artificial and uncharacterized lotting, Nowadays, there are different morphologies and typologies of construction.
Image Courtesy Fernando Guerra
- Architects: Atelier Veloso Architects (AVA-Architects)
- Project: Chão das Giestas House
- Location: Chão das Giestas, São Miguel – Guarda, Portugal
- Client: Dr. Alípio António Ferreira Monteiro
- Architects Design: Carlos Jorge Coelho Veloso, Rui Filipe Coelho Veloso
- Project Date: 2003
- Construction: 2004-2006
- Photography: Fernando Guerra
- Photographic Production: Sérgio Guerra
- Engineers: MBJ – Projectos de Engenharia Planeamento e Arquitectura, Lda.
- General Contractor: Orestes & Gomes, Construções Lda.
- Constructed surface: 320,00 sq m