Article source: Christian Kronaus + Erhard An-He Kinzelbach
In an aging society and due to the tendency in the industrialized west of extended lifetimes, the typology of nursing and retiree homes and its architectural manifestations increasingly gain importance. This happens especially in regards to these buildings’ relevance as people’s last home in life. In Austria, the public sector, in this case the state of Lower-Austria as the client for this nursing home project, accepts this challenge.
- Architect: Christian Kronaus + Erhard An-He Kinzelbach
- Name of Project: Nursing home Hainburg
- Location: Hofmeisterstraße, Hainburg, Austria
- Collaborators: Stefan Gruber, Daniel Lopez-Perez
- Client: Uni Credit BA-CA Leasing MAR Immobilien GmbH
- Photographs: Thomas Ott, Mühltal
- Software used: Not designed with any particular software. AutoCAD was used for the drafting of all documents.