Article source: UNStudio
As with many cities in China, Hangzhou is undergoing rapid urban change. Whilst the city centre has been beautifully developed around the West Lake area, opportunities for industry and commerce have shifted the city’s expansion towards the riverfront area in the South and towards the East, where the Hangzhou New District is located.
- Architects: UNStudio
- Project: Master plan Hangzhou New District
- Location: Hanghzou East, Hanghzou, China
- Client: Hangzhou Railway Investment Co., Ltd.
- Building surface: 1,741,000 m2
- Building site: 367600 m2
- Programme: Masterplan
- Status: Competition
- UNStudio Team: Ben van Berkel, Caroline Bos, Gerard Lozekootand Filippo Lodi, Marcin Koltunskiand Jae Young Lee, Colette Perras, Valerie Tam, Zhuang Zahng, Lingxiao Zhang, Ramon van der Heijden, Ren Yee, Bartek Winniki, Tomas Mork