Competition entry for a cultural facility in Houthavens West, Amsterdam: 1st prize
The Port of Amsterdam commissioned Roos Burger & Yvon Yzermans, two collaborating art historians, to develop a cultural facility in Houthavens West. The Port wants to improve the attractiveness of the area to the public by realizing a cultural meeting place in the transforming area between city and port. The idea of NL Architects is to construct a flexible ‘base’ that can facilitate various art forms like: theater, film, fashion, sculpture, sound and light art, dance, video, music… Roos Burger & Yvon Yzermans will curate the outdoor events.
- Architect: NL Architects – Pieter Bannenberg, Walter van Dijk, Kamiel Klaasse
- Name of Project: Multi Mill – Multifunctioneel Cultuurpodium, Amsterdam 2010
- Location: Haparandadam, Westelijke Houthavens, The Netherlands
- Client: Port of Amsterdam and Roos Burger & Yvon Yzermans
- Team: Gen Yamamoto with Ines Quinteiro Antolin, Marc Bitz, Qili Yang, Liping Lin, Lorena Valero Minano and Matthieu Moreau
- Software used: Modeled the 3D shape of Multi mill with “Rhinoceros” and rendered with “3ds MAX”