Article source: Tham & Videgård Arkitekter
A tree hotel in the far north of Sweden, near the small village of Harads, close to the polar circle. A shelter up in the trees; a lightweight aluminium structure hung around a tree trunk, a 4x4x4 meters box clad in mirrored glass. The exterior reflects the surroundings and the sky, creating a camouflaged refuge. The interior is all made of plywood and the windows give a 360 degree view of the surroundings.
- Architect: Tham & Videgård Arkitekter
- Name of Project: The tree hotel
- Location: Harads, Sweden
- Construction: 2008-2010
- Team: Martin Videgård, Bolle Tham, Andreas Helgesson, Julia Gudiel Urbano, Mia Nygren.
- Photographer: Åke E:son Lindman
- Client: Brittas Pensionat, Britta Lindvall and Kent Lindvall