Article source: Oppenheim Architecture+Design
Harbour Island is a relaxed yet luxurious getaway perched in the surreal cerulean waters of the Atlantic edge of the Great Bahama bank. In this earnest and timeless place, the architecture for this private residence is conceived as simultaneously powerful, yet comfortable; primitive, yet innovative; casual, yet elegant; raw, yet refined. The result is a sensual and sensitive experience, reduced to its essence through the use of elemental forms and sincere materiality and detailing. The most dramatic view of the ocean is obtained towards the crest of the dunes, the location of this modest home.
- Architects: Oppenheim Architecture+Design
- Project: BAHAMAS HOUSE/HARBOUR ISLAND
- Location: Harbour Island, Bahamas
- Architect of Record: Mark Henderson, Henderson Architects Limited
- Date of Design: 2007
- Date of Completion: October 2013
- Scope: 2500 SF private residence. Architecture/Interior finishes
- Constructed Area: 2,500 SF
- Budget: $1,600,000
- Team Credits: Chad Oppenheim, Juan Calvo, Juan Lopez, Carolina Jaimes, Jacobus Bruyning, Jose Ortez, Kevin McMorris, Robert Gallagher, Francisco Llado, Sebastian Velez and Manuel Morales.
- Structural Engineer: Optimus Structural Design
- Lead Contractor/ Construction Managment: TCGI Construction
- Local Contractor: HIGGS CONSTRUCTION CO.