Article source: Hennebery Eddy Architects, Inc.
After 40 years of constant use Shute Park Branch Library had devolved into a dark, cluttered, and inefficient interior space that had little connection to its namesake park. This comprehensive renovation included a complete reorganization of the floor plan and was based on the integration of three transformative characteristics -establishing a new relationship to the park, openness, and natural light.
- Architects: Hennebery Eddy Architects, Inc.
- Project: Hillsboro Shute Park Branch Library Renovation
- Location: 775 SE 10th Ave, Hillsboro, OR 97123, Oregon
- Software used: Revit, Illustrator, Indesign, and Photoshop
- Project Team: David Wark, AIA, LEED AP, Jimmy Gantz, AIA, LEED AP, Meg Matsushima, AIA, LEED APAngelique Nossa, IIDA, LEED AP Laura Craig Bennett, LEED GA
- Client: City of Hillsboro, Hillsboro Public Library
- Structural Engineer: KPFF Consulting Engineers
- MEP/FP Engineer: MKE and Associates, Inc.
- Landscape Architect: Walker Macy
- Completion date: 25 February 2014
- Occupancy date: 10 March 2014
- Project Budget: $4,220,000