Article source: Zephyr Architects
As the central piece of architecture for the Guanggu Bio-lake campus, this reception center houses exhibition space, conference rooms and administration offices.
The building sits between a main plaza and central lake. In a comparatively small piece of land, the architecture seeks to have a strong symbolic character. In order to increase the overall impact of the architecture, the mass is treated as a sculpture in shape and texture. This site is surrounded by buildings with varying viewpoints of the main project. The multi-faceted box produces a façade of ever-changing viewpoints.
- Architects: Zephyr Architects
- Project: Guanggu Bio-Lake Reception Center
- Location: Wuhan, Hubei, China
- Client: Bio-Lake Commission
- Program: Exhibition, Conference, administrative offices
- Gross Floor Area: 3,540 SqM
- Design Period: 2008-2009
- Construction Period: 2009-2010
- Architectural Design: Zephyr (US) Architects P.C.
- Design team: Fu Dong, Zhao Zhonggui, Yang Ching-Chi, Ding Junmei, Yu Tong
- Associate Architect: Wuhan Oule
- Photographs: Yao Li