Article source: Metro Arkitekter
Hyllie is the first station you reach when travelling by train from Copenhagen’s Kastrup airport and is therefore Malmö’s gateway to Copenhagen. This is no traditional station building – we have been working with other elements instead. The large round roof (diameter 45 m) – lit from below using uplights – hovers like a UFO above the station entrance. The roof is perforated by 52 round lantern lights which allow daylight to penetrate right down to the platforms, thereby eliminating any sense of an underground station.
- Architects: Metro Arkitekter
- Project: Station Hyllie
- Location: Hyllie Torg, Malmö
- Architect Team: Metro Arkitekter AB through Claes R Janson (resp), Ola Arnholm (project architect), Carl Kylberg, Anna-Karin Joelsson (HL), Jörgen Åkerlund.
- Other consultants: ÅF/ Sweco, Tyrens, Sweco
- Constructor: Jernhusen AB
- Building contractor: NCC
- Area: 10 000 sqm
- Year: 2010
- Photographer: Rafael Palomo
- Software used: Autocad and Sketchup