Article source: Nobuya Kashima + Aya Sato/ K+S Architects
The children’s nursing home “Tsukuba-Aiji-en” is built in the forest and the field in Tsukuba city. 40 children live in these houses in the great nature. These houses are composed of 5 units. “3 group living units”, “office working and communication unit”, “training unit for parents and children”.
- Architects: Nobuya Kashima + Aya Sato/ K+S Architects
- Project: Children’s nursing home “Tsukuba-Aiji-en”
- Location: Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
- Photography: Hiroshi Ueda, Yoshihiro Asada
- Mechanical & Electorical Engineer: System Planning Corporation.
- Construction Builder: Narushima Kensetsu
- Site Area: 7,402.54 sqm
- Built Area: 1,439.58 sqm
- Total Floor Area: 1,611.62 sqm
- Project Year: 2014