Article source: RRMR Arquitectos
Located in the desert coast of the Paracas bay, the perspective taken for the design of this house is a closed volume that extends along the total length of the plot. The main objective is to create a strong element of protection against the strong winds distinctive of this location. Through its path the volume expands, turns and embraces a wide space in the open where all pathways are united around the swimming pool, terraces and landscape. Protected by a huge exposed concrete mass, these spaces enjoy the strong sunlight throughout the whole year.
- Architects: RRMR Arquitectos
- Project: House Casa Paracas
- Location: Paracas , Ica, Peru
- Names of Architects: Roberto Riofrio Navarro, Micaela Rodrigo Graña
- Work Team: Edith Zamalloa, Anny Gutierrez, Miguel Seminario, Beatriz Pero, Helvis Marcello Hidalgo, Claudia Porras.
- Year of Construction: 2011-2012
- Construction area: 680m2
- Photography: Javier Larrea y Jorge Dieguez
- Materials and Products used: Hilite Peru, CNM (Compañía Nacional de Mármol), Piedra Total, Ventanas y Estilos (Marcos de PVC), DecorCenter.
- Mentions / Awards: Primer Premio Vivienda Temporal Macro Región Centro – XV Bienal de Arquitectura Peruana 2012 (more…)