Posts Tagged ‘India’
Friday, January 15th, 2016
Article source: Studio Symbiosis
The Aqua Villa located in the heart of Lutyens Delhi has been designed as a sensitive building, sitting in harmony with its surroundings. The design is an outcome of overlap and interaction of the design parameters of movement patterns, solar studies, soft-subtle transition zones, interaction of built and landscape and of the old and the new.
Image Courtesy © Studio Symbiosis
- Architects: Studio Symbiosis
- Project: AQUA VILLA
- Location: New Delhi, India
- Built up Area: 680sqm
- Site Area: 1290 sqm (excluding existing villa)
Tuesday, January 5th, 2016
Article source: DFI (Design Forum International )
The Eros Business Centre is a commercial development located on the fast developing Southern Peripheral Road colloquially known as Golf Course Extension Road, Gurgaon, just off the main Gurgaon Sohna Road with easy accessibility from National highway 8. With prime hospitality developments in close proximity, developed by Eros Developers, the building is intended to achieve clean floor plates that allow flexibility in dividing spaces into smaller units. Being serviced by roads on three sides, all the facades were important and have been therefore treated as such.
Image Courtesy © DFI (Design Forum International )
- Architects: DFI (Design Forum International )
- Project: Eros business centre
- Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Design Team: Anand Sharma
- Name of Client: Eros Group
- Site Area (sq ft & sq m): 0.73 Lakh Sq.Ft.
- Built-Up Area (sq ft & sq m): 8.19 Lakh Sq.Ft.
- Start Date: July, 2008
- Completion Date: July, 2014
Sunday, December 20th, 2015
Article source: Morphogenesis
Located at the entrance of the 400-acre Uttorayon Township, the City Centre attempts to create a much-needed, organized commercial district for the city of Siliguri. It is positioned as an interface between the township and the city that envisages a new destination for the local community and emerges as an urban landscape in between the offices and commercial components of the master plan.
Image Courtesy © Morphogenesis
- Architects: Morphogenesis
- Project: City Centre
- Location: Siliguri, India
- Software used: AutoCAD and Sketch up
Tuesday, December 1st, 2015
Article source: Puran Kumar Architects
The Mango House is the physical manifestation of a quest to connect with the natural environment. The essence of design here is simplicity in thought and expression through the form, material and décor of the structure. The organic nature of the construction successfully connects the outside with the inside and thus manages to convey an earthy feel through its free-flowing plan. The house is a blend of various elements & building materials that are ‘azonic’, lending simplicity to the design.
Image Courtesy © Puran Kumar Architects
Saturday, November 28th, 2015
Article source: Design Forum International
The Government of Assam has a number of directorate offices, ranging from revenue, transport to fisheries and agriculture catering to the diverse portfolios under state’s purview.
Image Courtesy © Design Forum International
- Architects: Design Forum International
- Project: Directorate Complex
- Location: Guwahati, Assam, India
- Principal Architect: Anand Sharma
- Design Team: Ashish, Vikas Sharma, Navdeep, Nishant
- Typology: Commercial
- Name of Client: Assam Government
- Site Area (sq ft & sq m): 11.42 Acres
- Built-Up Area (sq ft & sq m): 14.93 lac sq ft
Tuesday, November 24th, 2015
Article source: Studio Ardete Pvt Ltd
Metal art has been an integral part of architecture throughout history in India. India had produced some of the greatest craftsmen of its time. But in last few decades, modernization in architecture has discouraged them largely due to time involved in their work. As a result they have been losing work, forcing them to quit their ancestral profession in search of alternate ways to earning .This poses a serious threat to permanent loss of art which developed over ages.
Image Courtesy © Studio Ardete Pvt Ltd
- Architects: Studio Ardete Pvt Ltd
- Project: MANASARA -The Profile Cutting Store
- Location: Panchkula, Haryana, India
- Area: 90 sqm
- Total cost: $ 60,000
- Completion: 2014
Friday, November 13th, 2015
Article source: Archohm
The Nizzamudin residence is planned as an upside-down house with a rooftop garden and pool, moving down to the living and dining areas and further down to the private sleeping spaces. The scheme responds well to a tight location, compact site and exciting client expectations.
Image Courtesy © Joy Dutta / Humanyu Khan
- Architects: Archohm
- Project: Nizamuddin House
- Location: New Delhi, India
- Photography: Joy Dutta / Humanyu Khan
- Principal Architect: Mr. Sourabh Gupta
- Name of Client: Mr. Ashish Taneja
- Name of Client’s Firm: Zolijns Design Pvt. Ltd.
- Contact Person: Ms. Sharuli Bisht
- Site Area: 500 sqm check aditi
- Built-Up Area: 10000 sqft check tarak
- Start Date: 2011
- Completion Date: 2011
Sunday, November 1st, 2015
Article source: Anagram Architects
Evolution of the multifamily apartment stack:
In most Indian cities, the typical urban multifamily residence or apartment stack evolves from a semi detached single family home built on a suburban or peri-urban plot. This evolution occurs with the inevitable agglomeration of such plotted developments, both planned and unplanned, within the urban sprawl.
Image Courtesy © Anagram Architects
- Architects: Anagram Architects
- Project: Gairola House
- Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- STRUCTURE: Trabeated structure in concrete (Cast in situ) and brick masonry
- EXTERIOR FINISHES: Terracotta cladding tiles, stone cladding, painted cement plaster, exposed bamboo screen
- INTERIOR FINISHES: Cement Plaster, polished stone flooring, ceramic tiles
- SITE AREA: 299 sqm.
- COVERED AREA: 523 sqm.
- CONSTRUCTION PERIOD: June 2008 – Feb 2009
- COST OF CONSTRUCTION: INR 9,000,0000 /- (Rupees Nine million only)
Tuesday, October 27th, 2015
Article source: Group DCA
As Delhi continues to expands as a metropolis, the organic settlements that once dotted the surrounding landscape are gradually being subsumed into the city. Existing linkages to suburban nodes are also strengthening as traffic volumes increase and the city’s hugely successful mass transit system spreads into the erstwhile hinterland. This evolving fabric of the city is creating a complex confluence of building typologies, as pioneering entrepreneurs seek out the elusive combination of large flexible spaces and lucrative capital investments. Located just off the main arterial connection to Gurgaon, the DCA office simultaneously inhabits a setting shaped by a plethora of influences, the strongest of which is the dichotomy of adaptive reuse within an old structure and the local context of an indigenous settlement.
Image Courtesy © Group DCA
- Architects: Group DCA
- Project: Studio for Group DCA
- Location: Sultanpur, New Delhi, India
- Name of Client’s Firm: Group DCA
- Contact Person: Amit Aurora
- Principal Architect: Amit Aurora
- Design Team: Amit Aurora, Anupama Kumar
- Site Area (sq ft & sq m): 11,000 sft
- Built-Up Area (sq ft & sq m): 5000 sft
- Start Date: June 2012
- Completion Date: August 2012
Sunday, October 11th, 2015
Article source: Malik Architecture
Alibaug is a district located 3 hours from downtown Mumbai (50min by ferry/20 min by speed boat). Formerly an agricultural and fishing zone, its proximity to Mumbai has seen it slated for phased redevelopment to alleviate the congestion of the island city. The plot for the house is nearly at the top of a hill overlooking the Arabian Sea and the skyline of Mumbai to the west.
Image Courtesy © Malik Architecture
- Architects: Malik Architecture
- Project: ALIBAUG HOUSE- II
- Location: ALIBAG, MAHARASTRA, INDIA
- CLIENT: PRIVATE
- DESIGN TEAM: ARJUN MALIK, JIGER MEHTA, SUZANNA MACHADO
- BUILT UP AREA: 21600 SFT
- COST OF PROJECT: CONFIDENTIAL
- INITIATION: 2010
- COMPLETION: 2013
- CONSULTANTS / CONTRACTORS
- STRUCTURAL: STRUDCOM CONSULTANTS PVT. LTD.
- CIVIL UCTPL: UNIQUE CONCRETE TECHNOLOGIES PVT. LTD.
- PLUMBING: S S GANGAN PLUMBING AND FIRE FIGHTING CONSULTANTS
- HVAC: COOLAIR SYSTEMS
- LANDSCAPE DESIGN: CONSULTANTS
- RAIN WATER HARVESTING: MUNGEKAR ENTERPRISES
- POOL: CONNOISSEUR SYSTEMS
- CLADDING: VM ZINC / VIJAYNATH INTERIORS AND EXTERIORS PVT. LTD.
- INTERIORS: UCTPL: UNIQUE CONCRETE TECHNOLOGIES PVT. LTD.
- CARPENTRY: TOUCH WOOD DÉCOR