Article source: Pietri Architectes
Located on the banks of the river Seine, facing Ile Saint-Germain, the project meets the requirements of highly demanding sustainable development specifications.
With their simple volumetry, the specificity of the housing units lies in the handling of the external spaces which extend beyond the facades to create zinc “boxes” positioned to take advantage of the views and sunlight.
- Architects: Pietri Architectes
- Project: CARRE SEINE
- Location: Issy-les-Moulineaux, France
- Photography: Thierry Favatier, Vincent Fillon
- Programme: construction of 69 housing units (low energy consumption, French NF housing standards, HEQ) and a 175 bedroom residential hotel (low energy consumption, French NF housing standards, HEQ 7.0)
- Client: Eiffage, Coffim
- Project management: Jean Baptiste Pietri, Anthony Fournier-Baïxas, Emilie Ballu, Jérémy Louette; sustainable development engineers: Franck Boutte Consultant; utilities engineers: Anthiope; Acoustics: Avel; Landscape design: Atelier Jours
- Surface: 15,000 m²
- Cost: 21M€
- Competition: winner, July 2009
- Programme: contractor bid phase