Posts Tagged ‘Italy’
Thursday, June 29th, 2017
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
The first phase of Napoli Afragola Station – the new gateway to the south of Italy – has been inaugurated by prime minister Paolo Gentiloni.
The new rail station at Napoli Afragola is designed as one of southern Italy’s key interchange stations serving four high speed intercity lines, three inter-regional lines and a local commuter line.
Image Courtesy © Zaha Hadid Architects
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Napoli Afragola station for high speed rail
- Location: Napoli Afragola, Italy
- Client: RFI S.p.A. (Rete Ferroviaria Italiana)
- Project Director: Filippo Innocenti
- Project Architects: Roberto Vangeli
- Competition phase: Paola Cattarin
Wednesday, June 28th, 2017
Article source: lazzeroni studio
On tuscany hills near Chianti area there this house of the middel ages.
A villa composed by four levels, completely made of stones and bricks.
On the ground we can find a brightlarge kitchen, living and dining rooms are situated on 1st floor.
Image Courtesy © lazzeroni studio
- Architects: lazzeroni studio
- Project: Tuscany villa
- Location: Tuscany, Italy
- Software used: Autocad
Friday, June 23rd, 2017
Article source: Filippo Taidelli Architetto
The project foresees the conversion of a workshop into an apartment with the intention to adequate the original installations to the requirements of a contemporary apartment. The environment, once a grain store, is characterized by a system of ribbed vaults leaning on granite pillars. From the main entrance access is granted to a distribution compartment from which to access the service, sleeping, and living areas. The sleeping area is characterized by regular volumes with marmorino warm colours finishing inserted on the existent bright white envelope, while the living area has been projected as ample open space to which the kitchen faces.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Rossetti
- Architects: Filippo Taidelli Architetto
- Project: Calusca Apartment
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Photography: Andrea Rossetti
- Lighting designer: Rossi Bianchi Lighting Design
Wednesday, June 21st, 2017
Article source: Mario Cucinella Architects Srl
The House of Music of Pieve di Cento was born out of the desire to create structures and spaces suitable for two programs: concert promotion and musical teaching in the municipality: the Music Society of Pieve and a Middle School with musical emphasis.
Image Courtesy © Mario Cucinella Architects Srl
- Architects: Mario Cucinella Architects Srl
- Project: Casa della Musica
- Location: Pieve di Cento, Bologna, Italy
- Area: 500 Sq. M
- Project Team: Federico La Piccirella (project manager), Arianna Balboni, Francesco Galli, Valentino Gareri, Mirco Bianchini, Clelia Zappalà
- Project coordination: Mario Cucinella, Marco Dell’Agli
- Mechanical Design: Ing. Riccardo Giannoni
- Mechanical: Ing. Danilo Facchini
Sunday, June 18th, 2017
Article source: DEFERRARI+MODESTI
Creative duo DEFERRARI+MODESTI is the mastermind behind Marca Corona’s showroom recently opened in Sassuolo (Italy), in the heart of the world famous ceramic production district. The new exhibition space tells the story of the Emilian company founded in 1741 and showcases one of Made in Italy’s flagships: ceramics.
Image Courtesy © Anna Positano
- Architects: DEFERRARI+MODESTI (Javier Deferrari and Lavinia Modesti)
- Project: Showroom Marca Corona
- Location: Via Emilia Romagna, 7, Sassuolo (MO), Italy
- Photography: Anna Positano
- Client: Ceramiche Marca Corona s.p.a.
- Set Design: Direfarecreare s.r.l., Exprimo s.r.l.
- GFA: 400 sqm
- Year: 2017
Sunday, June 18th, 2017
Article source: piuarch
Like some sort of sinuous, white wave, the Porta Nuova Building fits in with the master plan for the urban redevelopment of the old railway station in Porta Nuova, Milan, situated between Corso Como, Garibaldi Station, the Isola neighbourhood and Piazza della Repubblica. This huge structure extends over a distance of 140 metres to create a structure covering a total of 16,500 m² designed for holding offices and shops. This powerful and, at the same time, lightweight, white coloured, glazed building serves a fundamental “urban purpose”: it hinges together the existing city and the latest dynamics triggered off by the entire Porta Nuova project, falling in line with the heights of the old buildings and embracing the square that is set higher level than the surrounding roads.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Martiradonna
- Architects: piuarch
- Project: Porta Nuova Building
- Location: Piazza Gae Aulenti, 20124 Milano (Mi), Italy
- Photography: Andrea Martiradonna
- Software used: Autocad, 3dS Max, Rhino
- Team leader: Gianni Mollo
- Piuarch team: Yusuke Aizawa, Erica Cazzaniga, Yuji Kobayashi, Andres Mahdjoubian, Hirotaka Oishi, Antonio Pisanò, Claudia Savastano
- Architectural construction design: Tekne S.p.a.
- Structural design: MSC Associati S.r.l.
- M & E design: Ariatta Ingegneria dei sistemi S.r.l.
- Lanscape design: Land S.r.l.
Tuesday, June 13th, 2017
Article source: GBPA Architects
After winning an invited competition, GBPA Architects was commisioned to design an office building in Monte Grappa street, situated in the heart of Milan fashion district nearby the Central Train Station and other main landmarks. The brief was to totally re-design and refurbish the old Tecnimont Headquarters, an iconic building from the 70s with a very distinctive facade in anodised aluminium and glass, materials chosen to evoque and enlight the Company’s power and technical skills.
Image Courtesy © GBPA Architects
Sunday, June 11th, 2017
Article source: MIDE architetti
The project for the new Gianni Chiarini’ s showroom in Milan consists in a partially hypogeum exhibition space, located underneath an historical building in the heart of the city.
The access has been re-set up through a recessed patio in the courtyard pavement, which hosts the new stairway that leads to the showroom below. This morphological operation modifies the ground floor of the external area, emphasising the entrance and inviting the visitor to descend. The resulting basement patio has therefore transformed into a small garden, a formal filter between the public space and the more intimate and welcoming internal showroom.
Image Courtesy © Alessandra Bello
- Architects: MIDE architetti
- Project: 082 Showroom Interrato
- Location: Lucca 55011 – Lucca (LU), Italia
- Photography: Alessandra Bello
- Construction Company: Luccaedil
- Infixes: Palladio
- Paved area: Marmi Faedo
- Surface: 320 m2
- Job assignmen: 05/2013
- Start of construction work: 01/2014
- End of construction work: 10/2015
Thursday, June 8th, 2017
Article source: A+B2 architettura
The new cocktail bar “Il Mercante” is born from a path of innovation in the Venetian tradition.
It occupies the space of the historic “Caffè dei Frari”, known and frequented by many Venetians and situated just in front of the main entrance of the Basilica dei Frari.
Image Courtesy © Marco Cappelletti
- Architects: A+B2 architettura
- Project: Il Mercante
- Location: Venice, Italy
- Photography: Marco Cappelletti
- Completion Year: 2016
Wednesday, June 7th, 2017
Article source: STUDIO OIKOS
Located in the historical center of Milan, this apartment lays on the last floor of a building of the first years of the 20th century.
Originally used as a storage space, the roof has been lifted to give habitability and increase insulation and noise reduction. The apartment has a small terrace and has a great view on the old Milan roofing skyline.
Image Courtesy © STUDIO OIKOS
- Architects: STUDIO OIKOS
- Project: CASA SVN
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Software used: Autocad