Posts Tagged ‘Italy’
Saturday, June 11th, 2016
Article source: monovolume architecture+design
The Hotel Burgund is located in Parcines and consists of a main building in traditional style with a gable roof and a modern building with large terraces and flat roof, which was built in 2006.
The project is now planning to adapt the traditional the modern one.
Image Courtesy © monovolume architecture+design
Saturday, June 4th, 2016
Article source: Flore & Venezia
Thanks to the possibility to work on the reuse of an old farm, we could reflect about the theme of Mediterranean House.
The old farm was different from the typically character of Puglia’s farm. A principal building in liberty style and many different others, such as garage, barns and storage, composes the farm. The principal villa has just one floor and her façade is a rectangle organised on a vertical axis, so to be perfect symmetrical. To underline decorative parts like windows or the columns of portico, it was used stone. The villa and all the other buildings are organised around small squares.
Image Courtesy © Flore & Venezia
- Architects: Flore & Venezia
- Project: A MEDITERRANEAN HOUSE
- Location: Ostuni, Italy
Thursday, June 2nd, 2016
Article source: Dekleva Gregorič architects
The Museum of Architecture and Design (MAO) presents the project [Home at Arsenale] in the Pavilion of Slovenia at
the 15th International Architecture Exhibition – La Biennale di Venezia. Commissioner Matevž Čelik, director of MAO, appointed as curators for the presentation in Arsenale the internationally acclaimed architects and educators.
A full-scale spatial structure is generated by a site-specific system of wooden bookshelves that reacts to the given space in Arsenale and home activities in order to be inhabited by the curated books, Image Courtesy © Dekleva Gregorič architects
- Architects: Dekleva Gregorič architects
- Project: Home at Arsenale
- Location: Venice, Italy
- Project team: Aljoša Dekleva, Tina Gregorič, Silvia Susanna, Lea Kovič, Martina Marčan, Naia Sinde, Vid Zabel
- Graphic design and visual identity: Ajda Schmidt
- Technical support: Branko Filipič with Jernej Čopi, Domen Japelj, Filip Kocjančič, Rok Malešič – RPS, Jože Komidar and Miha Šraj – Gredin Les, Matjaž Mavsar – Arcadia, Luka Pavlovčič – Konzola
- Commissioner: Matevž Čelik
- Curators: Aljoša Dekleva, Tina Gregorič
- Commissioner’s assistant: Nikola Pongrac
- Curatorial assistant: Silvia Susanna
Thursday, May 26th, 2016
Article source: bargone architetti associati
The multifunctional cultural complex (CEM), with a contemporary and sculptural identity, is located on the Maggiore Lake coast.
The architectural complex hosts a wide entrance foyer for cultural events and art exhibitions, a theatre for 500 people and a 200 one, service and ancillary spaces, offices, a rehearsal theatre, a restaurant and a cafe. The building is located right at the San Bernardino river estuary, near the historical Villa Maioni and behind the local Civic Library. The external landscape is sculptured with a system of descending bleachers allowing a breathtaking panoramic view of the lake and the surrounding Italian Alps.
Image Courtesy © bargone architetti associati
- Architects: bargone architetti associati
- Project: Verbania Cultural Centre and Theater
- Location: Verbania (VB), Italy
- Client: City of Verbania
- Construction Cost: 13.600.000,00 euro
- Area: 5.000 mq + 5ha
- Volume: 25.000 mc
- Design: 2010-2012
- Realization: 2013-2015
Sunday, May 22nd, 2016
Article source: Rizoma Architetture
Birraria Giori is located in the centre of Ferrara at the feet of the Este Castle. Its prime location meant that it was very important to take into consideration the historical surroundings. The design was based on the principle objective of restoring the front of the bar which is part of series of arches facing the town hall, know as the “covered way”, part of the Vice-Legato palace dating back to 1877. The primary aim of the project was to “clean up” the original structure or design, stripping off the numerous additions and modifications from over the years to reveal the original form and materiality of the arch, and to provide continuation with the rest of the walkway. The gazebo remains intact, and the windows and a new second ceiling are designed around a motif that reflects the famous lantern which burns at the foot of the Este Castle. The interiors are characterised by the use of wood and stone, the shades of the plaster and the tones of the interior reflect the the equilibrium between the old and the modern. The triangular facets of the new bench seating and also the ceiling, decorated with golden flashes, are based on the rustication of the Palazzo dei Diamanti, the most important historical building of Ferrara.
Image Courtesy © Massimo Sciacca Bruno Gallizzi
- Architects: Rizoma Architetture
- Project: Birraria Giori
- Location: Piazza Savonarola, 1, Ferrara, Italy
- Photography: Massimo Sciacca Bruno Gallizzi
- Software used: Rhinoceros and Cinema 4d
- Client: Birraria Giori
- Internal Collaborator: Arch. Lorenzo Antonelli, Arch. Michele Facchini, Arch. Julian Mesa Slooten, Ing. Camilla Gorlandi, Arch. Letizia Perrone
- Engineer: Ing. Fausto Centonze
- Construction company: EdilAlba srl
- Carpenter: TLG Legno srl
- Lighting Design: Touchlight srl
- Sanitary: Ceramica Globo – Alape
- Ceramic surface: Kronos
- Wallpapers and design: Rizoma Architetture
- Area: 90,00 m2
- Year: 2013-2014
Saturday, May 21st, 2016
Article source: noa* network of architecture
The hotel is located in the village of Kastelruth next to the well-known Seiser Alm at approx. 1200 meters above sealevel. The family establishment was enhanced and enlarged with a new wellness area and a new lobby with attached bar and restaurant. 14 spacious suites were added to make the new hotel increased by 1100 square meters.
Image Courtesy © noa* network of architecture
Thursday, May 19th, 2016
Article source: Migliore + Servetto Architects
The installation of Migliore+Servetto Architects inside Tecno’s showroom is composed by a dense network of red, spatial links, that emerges from the Caselli, home of the Milanese showroom, and embraces the outside piazza, thus building an unprecedented connection between the two Caselli, on the occasion of Milan Design Week 2016.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Martiradonna
- Architects: Migliore + Servetto Architects (Ico Migliore and Mara Servetto)
- Project: Tecno Connections, connectors and connectivity
- Location: Caselli di Porta Garibaldi, Piazza XXV Aprile, Milan, Italy
- Photography: Andrea Martiradonna
- Client: Tecno Spa
- Date: 12.04.2016 – 17.04.2016
Sunday, May 15th, 2016
Article source: Caprioglio Associati Architects
The building on which we intervene belongs to the complex of buildings of the compendium , developed over time , beginning in 1883 until the thirties of the twentieth century , the ” oils and greases ” Federico Matter .
The only image that you have of the settlement OILS MATTER relates to the decor of a letterhead dated 23 October 1912 .
Main façade within the context, Image Courtesy © Paolo Belvedere
- Architects: Caprioglio Associati Architects (Filippo Caprioglio)
- Project: Loft del Forte
- Location: Venice, Italy
- Photography: Paolo Belvedere
- Client: Real New Pa.Pi.
- Collaborators: Barnabas Bortoluzzi , Manuele Mason , Francesco Soldo
- General Contractor: Construction Titian Geom . Corrado
- Project: 2007-2009
- Realization: 2010-2013
Thursday, May 12th, 2016
Article source: AArchitects
The classical theme of the big barn with stables on the ground floor and an added body, normally for the deposit of foliage, on the extension of the roof. All the same and all different, small machines for the processing of crops, hay and leaves, milk and manure.
Image Courtesy © AArchitects
- Architects: AArchitects (Carlo Toson, Simone Mocchiutti)
- Project: A barn reborn
- Location: Rigolato (Udine), Italy
- Software used: Archicad
- Total floor area: Main unit 139 sqm, Guests’s apartment 39 sqm
- Project date: 2014
- Construction date: 2016
Wednesday, May 11th, 2016
Article source: Migliore + Servetto Architects
For the first edition of space&interiors, at The Mall – Porta Nuova, Migliore + Servetto Architects designed an innovative concept of exhibition center. The interior is designed on the basis of a double register: on one hand the commercial purpose offers a detailed analysis of each products on display; on the other hand, an analytical approach allows a dialectic comparison between them.
Image Courtesy © Migliore + Servetto Architects