Posts Tagged ‘Italy’
Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
Article source: Alessandro Isola
The award winning Le Monde winery nestles between the sea and the hills of Friuli in Western Italy, an area steeped in traditional wine culture.
The focus of the wine tasting room project was to create a space devoted to sensory experience and that ensured a constant visual connection with the beautiful surrounding vineyard, via the existing gallery windows.
To enhance this connection two large tasting tables extend in line with the rows of vines that stretch as far as the eye can see outside.
Image Courtesy © Marco Alberi Auber
- Architects: Alessandro Isola
- Project: The Wine Tasting Room for Le Monde
- Location: Pordenone, Italy
- Photography: Marco Alberi Auber
- Design Team: Alessandro Isola, Peter Sawczuk
- Area: 183 sqm
- Year: 2014
Saturday, May 10th, 2014
Article source: MIDE architetti + Paolo Didonè
Following the 2012 earthquake that struck Emilia Romagna a competition was announce to rebuild a destroyed school gymnasium in Massa Finalese.
The site, which is located in the north-east side of a school park, is the border between the urban area and the country side, suggesting the new building to be the new “connecting tool” between these two realities.
The main focus is to create a structure able to soften the urban/country “boundary” and to characterize the whole of the school park as well:
Image Courtesy © Alessandra Bello
- Architects: MIDE architetti + Paolo Didonè
- Project: Temporary School Gymnasium
- Location: Massa Finalese, Italy
- Photography: Alessandra Bello
- Structural Engineers: Beniamino Didonè – Bruno Gonzato
- Latitude: 44°51’11.52″N
- longitude: 11°12’56.35″E
- Client: Regione Emilia-Romagna
- Construction Safety Manager: Antonio D’Auria
- General Contractor: Fiorese s.r.l.
- Timeline: 02/2013 Competition
- Gross area of the project: 1 725 m2
- Cost: 1 366 270,31 €
Saturday, April 19th, 2014
Article source: Modourbano Architectural Design
Qking, the first space of Corestaurant network, will open in the coming April. Corestaurant is a place that offers the customer the opportunity to play, for a day, as a Chef. Corestaurant is a start-up that comes from the idea of sharing a passion: cooking with friends and colleagues.
Image Courtesy © Simone Bossi
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Article source: burnazzi feltrin architetti
The PF single family house, the remodeling and rebuilding of an already existing edifice, lies half way along the ridge below the medieval castle of Pergine Valsugana and it is located in an ideal position, both as to the beautiful view on the valley it enjoys and the sun exposure, excellent all year around.
Image Courtesy © Carlo Baroni
- Architects: burnazzi feltrin architetti
- Project: PF single family house
- Location: Trento, Italy
- Photography: Carlo Baroni
- Software used: Autocad
- CLIENT: private
- TEAM: Burnazzi Elisa arch., Feltrin Davide arch. and Pegoretti Paolo arch.
- STRUCTURAL DESIGN: Roberto Svaldi ing.
- HEATING SYSTEM: Giuliano Cattani ing
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: Mirco Girardi per. ind.
- YEAR OF COMPLETION: 2009
- TOTAL AREA: 430 m2 (only Enlargement)
- CUBAGE: 1732 m3 (only Enlargement)
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Article source: Carola Vannini Architecture
A Roman ancient market’s storage place has been transformed into a modern work space.
The project’s purpose is to create a strong contrast between the ancient existing structure and the new interior architecture.
The difference between the two functions (storage space during the past centuries and creative space today) has suggested two parallel design approaches: on one hand the intention of preserving the original building’s characteristics and, on the other hand, the need of inserting new and recognizable elements.
Image Courtesy © Carola Vannini Architecture
- Architects: Carola Vannini Architecture
- Project: Office Loft
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Client: private
- Date: 2006
- Surface: 90sm
- Price: 110.000 euros
Tuesday, April 8th, 2014
Article source: Roland Baldi architects
The new public square gives access to the different structures of the district center and the adjacent urban park. It also acts as a meeting ground for the residents and offers people a space for outdoor events. The square is paved with a with two-tone cobblestone zebra pattern from white Lasa marble and black basalt. Through an undulating elevation of the paving in the northeast area of the square a planter with seat function with different heights and different inclinations was created.
Image Courtesy © Roland Baldi architects
- Architects: Roland Baldi architects
- Project: Angela Nikoletti Square, Bolzano
- Location: Italy
- Photography: Oskar Da Riz
- Software used: Autocad LT
Monday, April 7th, 2014
Article source: Frigerio Design Group
The project provides a new vision of sports and environment. It combines youth education and growth with Spezia Calcio’s athletic needs, always respecting the context and the local resources.
The renovation of the sports center “Ferdeghini”, with minimal building’s footprint, high energetical efficiency and sensorial comfort, designed to become the “home” of the youth sector of the historic Company Spezia Calcio.
Image Courtesy © Enrico Cano
- Architects: Frigerio Design Group
- Project: New tribune and locker rooms for the Ferdeghini sport complex
- Location: La Spezia, Italy
- Photography: Enrico Cano
- Date and place: 2012-13, La Spezia, Italia
- Client: Spezia Calcio srl
- Surfaces: lot 30.000 sq m; building 2700 sq m; seats 440 posti; parkings 4000 sq m; soccer fields 9000 sqm
- Design team: E. Frigerio con D. Galletti (project leader), D. Bona, E. Masala, M. Torrigiani, M. Russotto, F. Valido e C. Ginocchio.
- Structures: I Quadro Ingegneria L. Romano, S. Migliaro con C. Dotti
- Systems: Politecnica M. Gusso e F. Frassinetti
- Construction firm: Delucchi SaS
- Concrete structures: CSP prefabbricati SPA
- Steel structures: Metallica S.r.l.
- Wall and roof cladding: Steel Pool Cantieri S.r.l.
- Elettrical installation: S.EL. Servizi Elettrotecnici S.r.l.
- Mechanical systems: Idraulica FERLA Multiservice
- Locker rooms forniture: Ges group s.r.l.
- Tribune seats: OMSI s.r.l.
- Signboard: Neon Ares s.a.s
- Design and bar forniture: COSTA GROUP S.r.l.
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014
Article source: MFA ARCHITECTS
Established in 1924, the brand Umbro is one of the most famous in the sportewear field. An entire floor of the italian headquarters is dedicated to the administration, sales offices and boardrooms. The aim is to ease communication between employees and permit a direct vision towards the city.
Image Courtesy © Nicolò Galeazzi
- Architects: MFA ARCHITECTS
- Project: UMBRO SHOWROOM AND HEADQUARTERS
- Location: Brescia, Italy
- Photography: Nicolò Galeazzi
- Project team: arch. Erica Beluffi, arch. Anna Ghirardi; render: Lorenzo Patti
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014
Article source: Paolo Venturella Architecture
The main concept of the pavillion is to create two different spaces. One for the exhibition and another one for a big greenhouse. They are connected to allow people to walk in a unique single space. The greenhouse is the place where people can pick up and eat food directly from the hortus.
Image Courtesy © wemage
- Architects: Paolo Venturella Architecture
- Project: Austrian Pavilion EXPO 201
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Photography: wemage
- Software Used: Rhinoceros and Grasshopper
- Team Design: FabrizioFuriassi, Manuel Tonati, AngeloBalducci
- Year: 2013
- Type: competition
Tuesday, April 1st, 2014
Article source: raimondo guidacci architetto
The project concerns the construction of a small building in a courtyard in the center of Turin.
Actually this is the restoration of an old laboratory, used in the past as a Carpenter, and external storage.
The theme of recovery of low buildings placed inside courtyards represents an interesting opportunity to rethink the recovery of existing buildings (mostly targeting craft) aimed at the transformation of residential buildings with new spatial characteristics than those of the classic urban apartment.
Image Courtesy © raimondo guidacci architetto