Posts Tagged ‘Italy’
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014
Article source: GIUSEPPE TORTATO
Overlooking the Gulf of Trieste Verdemare residential complex, designed as a new way to experience the city in the name of eco-friendly and high standard of quality. The elements of the architectural concept gave rise to a modulated envelope created by continuous bands of parapets, like ribbons that link with the surrounding area.
Image Courtesy © GIUSEPPE TORTATO
- Architects: GIUSEPPE TORTATO
- Project: VERDEMARE TRIESTE
- Location: Trieste, Italy
Tuesday, July 15th, 2014
Article source: Pfp architekten bda
The new school of Piazza delle Erbe is part of the Urban Renewal Programme of Porta Soprana and San Donato in the historic center of Genoa. The school rises on the urban voids caused by the bombing which destroyed some monumental buildings and homes in the entire area between via di Porta Soprana and Mezzagalera alley. The new building is composed of several floors and will accommodate just under 500 children of the primary and secondary school. In the uppers floors are located the classrooms, whereas in the ground floor there are the secretariat, the canteen and a music room. The outdoor areas are obtained on the terrace, which opens on a breathtaking view of the city.
Image Courtesy © Anna Positano
- Architects: Pfp architekten bda
- Project: NEW SCHOOL IN PIAZZA DELLE ERBE
- Location: PIAZZA DELLE ERBE, ITALY
- Photographers: Anna Positano, Andrea Bosio
- Competition: 1996_1st prize
- Beginning of construction: 2010
- End of construction: 2014
- Client: Comune di Genova
- Surface: 7011 m2
Tuesday, July 1st, 2014
Article source: COTTONE+INDELICATO ARCHITECTS
The walkway is designed as a sculptural element that integrates with the enchanting context of the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento, and establishes a dialogue with it that draws inspiration from the landscape and architectural features of the place.
The main purpose of the pedestrian walkway is to restore unity to the location of the archaeological park, divided by crossing the state road 118; and allow for safe enjoyment of the park, giving visitors the perception of this as a unique and organic.
Image Courtesy © COTTONE+INDELICATO ARCHITECTS
- Architects: COTTONE+INDELICATO ARCHITECTS
- Project: Passerella nella Valle dei Templi
- Location: Agrigento, Italy
- Project: Cottone+Indelicato, Joan Puigcorbè, Sofia Montalbano
- Structural engineering: ABGroup Ingegneri
Tuesday, July 1st, 2014
Article source: studio19
An old historic noble house, located in Linguaglossa, Sicily (italy) near Etna volcano, restored, becomes a charming hotel.
In 2004 the owners decided to restore the 19th century building to obtain a resort.
The will was to maintain the old charm and insert the new functions with minimal impact; the owners asked to create an intimate atmosphere, a place to feel “at home”.
Image Courtesy © studio19
- Architects: studio19 (Paola Mariotto, Lucia Papa)
- Project: SHALAI resort_sicily
- Location: Linguaglossa, italy
- Project team: Elisa Pafumi, studio Deda, studio19
- Floor area: 1.230 sqm
Tuesday, July 1st, 2014
Article source: Asymptote Architecture
Asymptote ( Hani Rashid and Lise Anne Couture ) has been commissioned to design a new cultural project on the outskirts of the Tuscan hill town of Peccioli Italy. Peccioli is a pre-renaissance hill town in the Province of Pisa, located about 50 kilometers southwest of Florence. The ‘Parco DegliAngeli’ (Park of Angels) Master Plan and architectural works by Asymptote include a collection of new buildings and parkland, a large covered 800-seat amphitheater and various interactive sculptural features.
Image Courtesy © Damjan Minovsky
- Architects: Asymptote Architecture
- Project: Parco DegliAngeli’ (Park of Angels)
- Location: Peccioli, Italy
- Photography: Damjan Minovsky, Asymptote Architecture
- Architect In Charge: Hani Rashid and Lise Anne Couture
- Project Director: Mo Zheng, Paul Mecomber. Rob Eleazor
- Project Team: Matt Slattery, Ivy Wang, Natalie Hein
- Local Architects: Heliopolis – ArchiettiAssociati Pisa Italy
- Structural Engineers: KnippersHelbig Advanced Engineering Stuttgart Germany
- Environmental Engineers: Transsolar Stuttgart Germany
- Renderings: DamjanMinovski, Vienna Austria.
Tuesday, June 17th, 2014
Article source: Synthesis Design + Architecture
The Pure Tension Pavilion is a portable, solar – powered tensile membrane structure commissioned by Volvo Car Italia for the new Volvo V60 plug-in hybrid electric car which not only charges the car but also flat-packs to fit in the trunk of the car and assembles in less than one hour.
© Fabric Images / © Volvo Italy
- Architects: Synthesis Design + Architecture
- Project: Pure Tension Pavilion
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Photography: © Fabric Images / © Volvo Italy
- Structural Engineer: Greg Otto, Buro Happold
- Fabricator: Jason Gilette, Fabric Images
Thursday, June 12th, 2014
Article source: PARK ASSOCIATI
In the month of April, Nestlè Italy inaugurated its new headquarters in the building called U27, completed two years from construction start in the Milanofiori Nord area, Assago (MI) . The architectural project was committed by society Milanofiori 2000 to Park Associati while executive project and management work have been taken in charge by the engineering firm General Planning.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Martiradonna
- Architects: PARK ASSOCIATI
- Project: Nestlé Headquarters
- Location: Assago, Italy
- Photography: Andrea Martiradonna, Simone Simone
- SITE: Milanofiori Nord, Assago (MI) – Via del Bosco Rinnovato
- AREA: 22.761 mq
- GROSS FLOOR AREA: 22.081 mq
- TOTAL SURFACE: 34.092 mq (26.081 above ground + 8.011 basement)
- VOLUME: 115.316 mc
- BUILDING: building site beginning, January 2012 – Completion: January 2014
- CLIENT: MILANOFIORI 2000 S.r.l. (GRUPPO BRIOSCHI SVILUPPO IMMOBILIARE S.p.A.)
- Design Team: Filippo Pagliani, Michele Rossi, Marco Siciliano, Marinella Ferrari, Stefano Lanotte, Lorenzo Merloni, Marco Panzeri, Davide Pojaga, Alessandro Rossi, Elisa Taddei, Paolo Uboldi, Fabio Calciati
- Design Team General Planning: Giovanni Bonini, Paolo Varenna, Loris Colombo, Luca Dagrada, Laura Barat, Matteo Molteni, Luca Rini, Paolo Rossanigo, Antonio Virelli, Alberto Villa, Claudio Bertolini, Mimmo Vitetta, Luigi Zinco, Walter Cola, Andrea Cristaldi, Vittorio Viganò, Claudio Bertagnolli, Manuel Schieder, Francesco Torchitti, Mario Pinoli, Giuseppe Zaffino
- LEED CERTIFICATION:GENERAL PLANNING S.r.l. with GREENWICH S.r.l
- Technical Coordination: Guido Levi
- Common Areas Project And Interior Design: Park Associati S.R.L, Degw Italia S.R.L , Redesign Studio.
Thursday, June 5th, 2014
Article source: VPS Architetti
The property is located near Castelmuzio, a small medieval hamlet in the Val D’Orcia region near the Renaissance town of Pienza. The Pieve (Church) of Santo Stefano in Cennano is located to the west of Castelmuzio along the Pieve country road.
The church was constructed on a sacred Etruscan site, evidenced by the many graves, urns and inscriptions unearthed in the area. The site later became a pagan temple and finally a Christian church, located along an important medieval pilgrimage route and rebuilt in the Romanesque style in the second half of the 12th century. The three apses have survived while the interior is now a single nave. The Parish declined in the 14th and 15th centuries until it was completely abandoned. The church was restored in more recent times.
Image Courtesy © pierluigi dessì/confinivisivi
- Architects: VPS Architetti
- Project: A2 House
- Location: Siena, Italy
- Photography: pierluigi dessì/confinivisivi
- Project: VPS
- Collaborators: Gianluca Anolfo, Marco Pittaluga, Luigi Depperu
- Commission: Schematics, design development, construction documents, site supervision
- Client: Private
Friday, May 23rd, 2014
Article source: Massimo Adario Architetto
The printing company Varigrafica first opened for business in Nepi (Viterbo), in the sixties; the first factory dates back to 1992 and was dedicated to the offset printing for the production of editorial and advertising material.
The expansion of this industrial building, gave rise to the current/present configuration of the complex, an aggregation of volumes of different sizes, each of them corresponding to a functional scope.
Image Courtesy © Massimo Adario Architetto
- Architects: Massimo Adario Architetto (Varigrafica Printing Factory)
- Project: New construction and renovation of the printing facility VARIGRAFICA
- Location: Nepi, Italy
Friday, May 16th, 2014
Article source: XTU architects
A fertile market
If the world wanted to eat like the West, several planets would be needed…
Civilization will need to evolve: it must produce and consume differently !
Image Courtesy © XTU architects
- Architects: XTU architects (Anouk Legendre + Nicola Desmaziere, Studio Adeline Rispal)
- Project: FRENCH PAVILION EXPO MILANO 2015
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Software used: Rhinoceros, 3ds Max and Grasshopper
- Companies: C.M.C di Ravenna, Simonin
- Project leader: Mathias Lukacs
- Client: FranceAgriMer
- Program: Cultural installation, exhibition areas, restaurants, shops, VIP rooms.
- Competition: january 2014
- Contract: march 2014
- Building: september 2014
- Delivery: april 2014
- Building surface area: 3.532 m² shon / 3.286 m² usable
- Site’s area: 3.500 m²
- Costs: 14 m€ including taxes.