Posts Tagged ‘Italy’
Saturday, August 9th, 2014
Article source: AUS Pasini Ranieri
The Town Houses along the Ronco River are part of a larger mixed-use development establishing an urban spine. The site is a vacant area in the outskirts of the town on the bank of the Ronco River, elongated from the Via Emilia and a secondary road providing motorized access. A series of irregular sheds stand in disarray along the sides.
Image Courtesy © Roberto Pasini, Jean-Paul Maltoni Fotobahn
- Architects: AUS Pasini Ranieri
- Project: Town Houses along the Ronco River
- Location: Forlì, Italy
- Photography: Roberto Pasini, Jean-Paul Maltoni Fotobahn
- Client: private
- Implementation: 2007-11
- Final design, construction documents and supervision: Roberto Pasini, Andrea Ranieri / master-plan and preliminary design: Roberto Pasini (head), Davide Canali, Andrea Ranieri / graphics: AUS Pasini Ranieri, Pamela Casali, Martina D’Alessandro
- Land area: 1,100 sqm
- Floor area: 1,200 sqm
Friday, August 1st, 2014
Article source: MINACCIOLO S.R.L.
A metropolitan loft endorsed by Minà & Natural Skin can unveil the expressive potential as well as the reasoning behind the space. The black metal and the cooked wood, merge together to create scenographic environments with a safe sculptural impact. The spaces are open and dynamic and receive much praise – thanks to the flexibility of the possible layouts. The interior gives rise to and articulates intimate and theatrical glimpses, whilst still marrying up the ideal and practical side of an idea of comfort which is truly contemporary. The atmosphere becomes dynamic and aesthetically like days gone by, with unprecedented traces of refined and decisive lines.
Image Courtesy © MINACCIOLO S.R.L.
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Article source: Studio Algoritmo
Arion librerie indipendenti has opened a new, larger store in Rome and that was designed by us from Studio Algoritmo.
The book market is changing radically and it is possible to observe an overlap between the dear, old and materic book and the birth of new technologies for reading. with increasing success.
it follows that we are experiencing a kind of technological and generational turnover (shift) among users.
Image Courtesy © Studio Algoritmo
- Architects: Studio Algoritmo
- Project: Libreria Arion Porta di Roma – Interior, product and graphic design
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Software used: Autocad and Rhinoceros.
Saturday, July 26th, 2014
Article source: Waltritsch a+u
The City of Trieste is among the world most important port within the coffee trade market. Cogeco is a firm dealing as intermediate between the raw good and the coffee roasting plants. The project consist in the interior renovation of the company siege, underlining the two distinguishing factors which characterize the firm: the worldwide commercial relationships and the fact that Cogeco provides specific knowledge and lab test. These points have been particularly enhanced in the entrance lobby and in the proof and taste laboratory room.
Image Courtesy © Marco Covi
- Architects: Waltritsch a+u
- Project: Cogeco headquarters
- Location: Trieste, Italy
- Photography: Marco Covi
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Article source: Luigi Fragola Architects
Luigi Fragola Architects, the renovation of an ancient watchtower in the center of Florence: a luxury apartment with breathtaking views over the entire city center.
Image Courtesy © Luigi Fragola Architects
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014
Article source: modostudio
The project of the Elisabeth and Helmut Uhl foundation has been realized thanks to a restricted international architectural competition held in 2009, which saw the participation of fifteen architectural teams from Italy, Switzerland, Austria and Germany. The jury was composed by prof. arch. Thomas Herzog, prof. Andrea Vidotto, prof. Vittorio Magnano Lampugnani and prof. arch. Hermann Kaufmann. The aim of the competition was to design a building able to host the activities of the homonymous cultural and research foundation.
Image Courtesy © modostudio
- Architects: modostudio
- Project: ELISABETH AND HELMUT UHL FOUNDATION
- Location: Laives, Italy
- Client: Elisabeth and Helmut Uhl Stiftung
- Phase: restricted international architectural competition | winning project – Progettazione preliminare, definitiva, dettagli guida, direzione artistica – Preliminary and final design, tender drawings, site supervision.
- GFA Area: 1.450 sqm
- Construction budget: € 3.433.601,27
- Year: 2009-2014
- Team: Fabio Cibinel, Roberto Laurenti, Giorgio Martocchia
- Consultants: structural engineer; Ing. Gilberto Sarti, mechanical engineer and Klimahaus consultant; p.i. Thomas Dissertori, Arch. Alberto Micheletti.
- Site manager: Arch. Marco De Fonzo
- Contractor: Kargruber-Stoll GmbH
- Steel structures: Premetal Spa
- Wooden structure and wooden floor: Thoma Holz GmbH
- Special automations: Meccatronica D.B.D. srl
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014
Article source: GIUSEPPE TORTATO
Overlooking the Gulf of Trieste Verdemare residential complex, designed as a new way to experience the city in the name of eco-friendly and high standard of quality. The elements of the architectural concept gave rise to a modulated envelope created by continuous bands of parapets, like ribbons that link with the surrounding area.
Image Courtesy © GIUSEPPE TORTATO
- Architects: GIUSEPPE TORTATO
- Project: VERDEMARE TRIESTE
- Location: Trieste, Italy
Tuesday, July 15th, 2014
Article source: Pfp architekten bda
The new school of Piazza delle Erbe is part of the Urban Renewal Programme of Porta Soprana and San Donato in the historic center of Genoa. The school rises on the urban voids caused by the bombing which destroyed some monumental buildings and homes in the entire area between via di Porta Soprana and Mezzagalera alley. The new building is composed of several floors and will accommodate just under 500 children of the primary and secondary school. In the uppers floors are located the classrooms, whereas in the ground floor there are the secretariat, the canteen and a music room. The outdoor areas are obtained on the terrace, which opens on a breathtaking view of the city.
Image Courtesy © Anna Positano
- Architects: Pfp architekten bda
- Project: NEW SCHOOL IN PIAZZA DELLE ERBE
- Location: PIAZZA DELLE ERBE, ITALY
- Photographers: Anna Positano, Andrea Bosio
- Competition: 1996_1st prize
- Beginning of construction: 2010
- End of construction: 2014
- Client: Comune di Genova
- Surface: 7011 m2
Tuesday, July 1st, 2014
Article source: COTTONE+INDELICATO ARCHITECTS
The walkway is designed as a sculptural element that integrates with the enchanting context of the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento, and establishes a dialogue with it that draws inspiration from the landscape and architectural features of the place.
The main purpose of the pedestrian walkway is to restore unity to the location of the archaeological park, divided by crossing the state road 118; and allow for safe enjoyment of the park, giving visitors the perception of this as a unique and organic.
Image Courtesy © COTTONE+INDELICATO ARCHITECTS
- Architects: COTTONE+INDELICATO ARCHITECTS
- Project: Passerella nella Valle dei Templi
- Location: Agrigento, Italy
- Project: Cottone+Indelicato, Joan Puigcorbè, Sofia Montalbano
- Structural engineering: ABGroup Ingegneri
Tuesday, July 1st, 2014
Article source: studio19
An old historic noble house, located in Linguaglossa, Sicily (italy) near Etna volcano, restored, becomes a charming hotel.
In 2004 the owners decided to restore the 19th century building to obtain a resort.
The will was to maintain the old charm and insert the new functions with minimal impact; the owners asked to create an intimate atmosphere, a place to feel “at home”.
Image Courtesy © studio19
- Architects: studio19 (Paola Mariotto, Lucia Papa)
- Project: SHALAI resort_sicily
- Location: Linguaglossa, italy
- Project team: Elisa Pafumi, studio Deda, studio19
- Floor area: 1.230 sqm