The “Centro per l’arte contemporanea Luigi Pecci” was opened in 1988 and donated to the city of Prato by Enrico Pecci, in memory of his son who died at an early age. The museum is situated on the periphery of Prato, near the exit of the A11 highway, a strategic spot where, from the first floor, you can see the skyline of Florence, the city where tourism and ancient culture reign. On this spot however, two opposites dominate: (textile) industry and modern art. The art centre is one of the few museums in Italy that is devoted to modern art and furthermore, that possesses a superb collection which, for lack of exhibition space, is stored in various depots. To be able to display the invisible works of art it was decided to double the exhibition space and to solve two important problems with the new construction.
The project springs from the need to create a welcoming place for the citizens of Favara while simultaneously donating to the city an innovative public space shaped from the perfect combination of wood and vegetation.
A new chapter in the cooperation between Progetto CMR and HP, the world-famous US high-tech firm: after the offices in Rome, the Italian integrated design practice designed the new HQ in Cernusco sul Naviglio (Milan), the “Innovation Centre”.
Located in an existing building, the new HQ count two floors and one basement, for a total area of 3000 sqm. Each floor has its own dedicated function. As the name suggests, it is not a common office building: besides the office area on the first floor and the technical floor on the basement, the ground floor hosts a large expo area (650 sqm), where the visitor is welcomed to a tour among the most innovative HP products, a journey that also describes its mission and values.
A small apartment on the second floor of an eighteenth century building, Villa Rosenda de Mari, restored and recovered to residential use, was redesigned as a home for leisure time of a large family. Spaces and rooms of everyday life come from a wise restoration of the main space characterised by decorative stucco in Rococo style and high baroque windows.
The measure in question provided for the restructuring and change of use of an industrial building destination located at the center of a quadrilateral of residential buildings. The shed in which we intervened, was placed exactly in the middle of a block of the west area of Turin, near the border with the town of Grugliasco (block between Via De Santis, Pronda road, via Cimone and via Postumia). This is a city area developed after the Second World War, and still partially in the developing; in fact, some of the block buildings have recently been constructued. The intervention involved the reshaping of the existing building in order to make it habitable. Its location is ideal, since being on the block center of gravity has a right distance from the buildings to have no annoying visual interference; moreover the intervention took place in accordance with the neighbor (the road Pronda 8), which was planning to demolish the existing buildings low to build a new building on front street, leaving the right of way (existing) to enter the lot in object. The existing building has been, so, surrounded by green gardens, partly to other condos in part derived uncovering part of the building itself. The GFA, originally located on the ground floor of the building, was distributed between the new mezzanine and the remaining ground floor. The height of the cover is not changed, the outer walls were maintained in part as boundary walls in part as the walls of the new residence. The most difficult part of the design was to give the proportions of residential building to a building that was built to house production activities. The main elevations are divided by dormers and recesses that mark the number of homes fitted inside. Moreover, the tall, narrow windows (partially obscured by fixed shading) try to give new proportions to the main prospect. The inputs to housing are designed as common compasses. All shutters and entrances are made of silver-colored metal profiles, the shell is finished with “ISOCOPPO” Alubel light gray, and the facades are painted in colored earthenware (red mattonaceo).
Embedded within the summit of Mount Kronplatz, 2,275m above sea level at the centre South Tyrol’s most popular ski resort, the Messner Mountain Museum Corones is surrounded by the alpine peaks of the Zillertal, Ortler and Dolomites. Established by renowned climber Reinhold Messner, the sixth and final Messner Mountain Museum explores the traditions, history and discipline of mountaineering.
The via Domodossola 25 condominium is located on a small urban lot, between two existing buildings. The city in which is placed the project, is a semi-suburban area that was mainly developed in the period between the two world wars; the buildings that characterize most of this part of city are mostly in the “novecento” style or Art Nouveau style (the Santorre school Santarosa, the faculty of physical education, the neighborhood between Racconigi road and Peschiera road).
Article source: gmp Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
The trend toward dedicated soccer stadiums is also finding acceptance in smaller, previously multifunctional venues. As in the larger arenas, stands bordering directly on the playing field – without a gap formed by a track – create a tighter atmosphere even on a smaller scale and, with today’s demand for differentiated spaces, also represent considerable economic benefits for operators. The reason for the redesign of the municipal Stadio Druso in Bolzano is to further FC Südtirol’s efforts to comply with the Italian Serie B standards.
The Kofler building in Bolzano dates back to 1746, the object of the intervention was built shortly after the main house dates back to 1749. This part of the building has been used as orangery, at the time in Bolzano were grown tropical fruits and the city it was famous for the cultivation of pineapple.
Around the year 1925 the orangery has been converted into a house. As a curiosity it is reported that in 1769 Kofler building hosted for a few days Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.