Posts Tagged ‘Japan’
Tuesday, November 8th, 2016
Article source: satoru hirota architects
This is the single-family house located in Tokyo.
Restrictions on space of land and height is severe , and housing is dense.
Image Courtesy © satoru hirota architects
- Architects: satoru hirota architects (Satoru Hirota + Yasuko Hirota)
- Project: House of fluctuations
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Structure Architect: Nieda Atelier / Taizen Nieda + Mitsuyoshi Yoshida
- Contractor: Watanabe Giken Co., Ltd. / Kenji Kodama
- Site area: 171.68m2
- Building area: 68.67m2
- Total floor area: 137.32m2
- Complete year: 2015
Thursday, November 3rd, 2016
Article source: AIDA ATELIER
Hotel ICHINICHI is a small hostel located in a local shopping street of Akabane, Tokyo. It is retrofitting an existing five-story reinforced concrete building with history. This building was originally built as a tiny complex housing a beauty salon and offices, as well as dormitories for its employee. Through time, it has remained vacant for several years.
Image Courtesy © Tatsuya Noaki
- Architects: AIDA ATELIER
- Project: Hotel ICHINICHI
- Location: Akabane, Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Tatsuya Noaki
- Interior Architect: Tomoro Aida / Aida Atelier
- Sign Graphic: Hiromi Yoshishiba / The Boundary
- Construction: San-esu Kensetsu
- Structure: Reinforced Concrete
- Site Area: 99.0m2
- Building Area: 78.85m2
- Total Floor Area: 371.83m2
- Completion: October 2015
Friday, October 28th, 2016
Article source: ALTS DESIGN OFFICE
“a house on a narrow plot with space”
It is a rebuilding project for a residential area lined with houses from ancient times.
The project is in a 104.81 m2 (31 tsubo) low-rise area, and on a narrow piece of land with setback restrictions and limitations set forth under the Landscape Act.
Image Courtesy © fuji-shokai/ masahiko nishida
- Architects: ALTS DESIGN OFFICE (Sumiou Mizumoto)
- Project: Yamashina House
- Location: Kyoto, Japan
- Photography: fuji-shokai/ masahiko nishida
- The lot area:104.81 m2
- Floor space:54.21 m2
- 1floor area:52.21 m2
- 2floor area:31.01 m2
- The total floor area:83.22 m2
Sunday, October 23rd, 2016
Article source: TOKUJIN YOSHIOKA
“Tracing the origin of cultures peculiar to Japanese by reinterpreting the culture of tea ceremony”
Japanese conception of nature is often characterized by its distinctive spacial perception involves the sensory realization of the surrounding atmosphere through what may be described as signs of energies or aura. Such way of sensual appreciation of nature’s intrinsic and beauties can be recognized in Japanese tea ceremony practice.
Image Courtesy © Yasutake Kondo
- Architects: TOKUJIN YOSHIOKA
- Project: KOU-AN Glass Tea House
- Location: Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
- Photography: Yasutake Kondo
Sunday, October 23rd, 2016
Article source: Uchida Takahisa Architect Design Office
The site is located on the soft ground near the lower basin of the big river. The client of this house decided to build one-storied house because the site area is wide enough, but it was necessary to reduce the foundation area because of the construction budget. So I arranged closets in the outer periphery, and attached them by the cantilevering structure.
Image Courtesy © Uchida Takahisa Architect Design Office
Friday, October 21st, 2016
Article source: Tetsuya Mizukami Architects
This house is built for a married couple living with husband’s mother in Hokuriku region in Japan.The area is located in countryside surrounded by mountains and a lot of nature. Different strengths of wind is created by weather, and you can feel the wind moving across from the rice field expanding southeast. On the other hand, the place is near by an intersection, and cars make noise of road traffic.
Therefore, to combine these environment and make a comfortable living space, considering line of sight from the road, noise, and draft was required for this design.
Image Courtesy © Ken’ichi Suzuki
- Architects: Tetsuya Mizukami Architects
- Project: House in Fukui
- Location: Fukui, Japan
- Photography: Ken’ichi Suzuki
- Structural Engineers: KAP
- Site area: 367.49sqm
- Building area: 124.82sqm
- Project Year: 2014
Wednesday, October 19th, 2016
Article source: TETO Architects
This is a compact two-story house for a couple family and their dog: “Pooh”. The name of this project means ” the house for living with Pooh”.
In the house, there are some ingenuities like furnitures for a small dog.
Image Courtesy © TETO Architects
- Architects: TETO Architects
- Project: Pooh to house
- Location: Sasebo, Japan
- Built: 2013
Sunday, October 9th, 2016
Article source: Sinato Inc.
This project is the renovation of a unit in a twenty-five year old apartment building for a married couple. We inserted a single wooden wall into the unit, which is already partitioned by the existing structural concrete walls. Passing from the entrance through the entire interior space, the wooden wall organizes a series of spaces along its length.
Image Courtesy © Takumi Ota
- Architects: Sinato Inc.
- Project: Tama N
- Location: Tama-shi, Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Takumi Ota
- Designer: Chikara Ohno
- Construction: Yoshinaga Industrial
- Lighting: FDS
- Area: 80.73 m2
- Completion: 01/2012
Thursday, October 6th, 2016
Article source: 2001
The project is a renovation of a house for rent.
The 50-year-old wooden house had been left to lie in ruin. The roofs had fallen down, the exterior walls had broken, and the floors, walls and ceilings had dismantled of those concept. In the circumstances, the house had been tolerated the invasion of animals and plants from outside and it seemed as if the house had been turning into feral; however, we could found out that the feral house involved a kind of aesthetics and potentiality.
Image Courtesy © SHIMIZU KEN
- Architects: 2001 (Yoshi Kishida)
- Project: “House in Bandoubashi”
- Location: Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
- Photography: SHIMIZU KEN
- Construction: ROOVICE
- Building area: 43.06 sqm
- Total floor area: 72.05 sqm
- Project year: 2016
Thursday, October 6th, 2016
Article source: OHArchitecture
“Cover” that wears the einvironment
This office building is located in a residential area in Itano district, Tokushima prefecture. There are new and old houses in a mixed, which are organized or have been there for a long time.
Image Courtesy © Toshiyuki Yano
- Architects: OHArchitecture
- Project: Office in Tokushima
- Location: Itano Destrict, Tokushima Prefecture, Japan
- Photography: Toshiyuki Yano
- Produce: WELL Co,.Ltd
- Designer: OHArchitecture Kosuke Okuda, Tatsuya Horii
- Contractor: WELL Co,.Ltd
- Garden work: Green Space
- Total area: 1F:206.18m2, 2F:209.46m2, TTL:415.64m2
- Construction phase: Dec.2015 – Jul.2016