Posts Tagged ‘Japan’
Friday, October 17th, 2014
Article source: Naoya Kawabe Architect & Associates
This site appears when walking while gentle slope the alley of the width of about 2.5m by about 30m. Surroundings are built of the house, and see Tokyo Metropolitan Expressway in front of the east side. The connected alley is drawn in to the site as it is in the townhouse in 12 households in all, and the building is arranged on the both sides dividing the volume into two. This building slightly extends the end of a past alley, and makes the depths that comes off to the sky. As for the wall that places the alley and is opposite, a slit window is set up along the ceiling side. It becomes the interface of each unit and the outside, and controls the relation of the room mutually opposite. Implications of the town and the unit of house become shape in a secluded most place in the town district, and it appears.
Image Courtesy © Ken’ichi Suzuki
Friday, October 17th, 2014
Article source: Akira Koyama + KEY OPERATION INC.
Facing a street near the JR Ebisu Station circle, the property is a restaurant building principally envisioned for tenants purveying Japanese cuisine. A compact lot of 76 m2 called for securing the most possible tenant floor space. The sky occupancy factor, which would limitthe permitted obstruction of visible sky from land around the lot, was utilized in a study to determine how to gain the most cubic volume for a building. Consequently, the building configuration was set at six levels: tenant space of 48 m2 per level up to the fourth floor with a setback of 50 cm, andan additional setback for the fifth and sixth floors.
Image Courtesy © Akira Koyama + KEY OPERATION INC.
- Architects: Akira Koyama + KEY OPERATION INC.
- Project: Komachi Building
- Location: Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Client∕Developer: Time Zone Limited.
- Construction: Kuboco
- Site Area: 76.30 m2
- Construct Area: 50.57 m2
- Gross Floor Area: 258.51 m2
Tuesday, October 14th, 2014
Article source: TAKESHI ISHIODORI ARCHITECTURE
It is a residence wooden [ 2 stories of ] built to the site along Oyodo river which flows through the Miyazaki central part. There were two requests of a client.
– The Oyodo river can see from a living room and a terrace.
– Cut the look from a surrounding residence and secure privacy.
Image Courtesy © TAKESHI ISHIODORI ARCHITECTURE
Wednesday, October 8th, 2014
Article source: TakeshiShikauchi Architect Office
According to Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, it is said that there are 1.29 million condominium apartments which is over 30 years old and it is estimated to increase up to 4.47 million in 30 years. Residents will get old together with the building and there will be many cases that refurbishment and rehabilitation are not possible due to the cost repair issues. It could lead to vacancy and turn into slum centering in urban areas.Imbalance of generation, aging of residents and dilapidated buildings are something that are inextricable to each other.
Image Courtesy © KouichiTorimura
- Architects: TakeshiShikauchi Architect Office
- Project: Bath Kitchen House
- Location: Funabashi, Chiba prefecture
- Photography: KouichiTorimura
- Composition of family: Couple + 2 children+cat
- Square footage: 41.01m2
- Structure & scale: RC, 8 floors (40 years old)
- Construction: Shinei
- Completion of construction: November, 2012
Saturday, October 4th, 2014
Article source: Kohki Hiranuma Architect & Associates
The location became a Housing Expo at around 90 years ago as its quiet ambiance remains from the inherited residential surroundings. However, after 11 months of research and analyzing the environment, the convenience of people was adopted for their essential needs in everyday life with the flow of time. Having this condition, Timber Dentistry will stand as an iconic architecture that signifies its remaining value, which in the future, endeavors to mend the environmental conflicts.
Image Courtesy © Kohki Hiranuma
- Architects: Kohki Hiranuma Architect & Associates
- Project: Timber Dentistry
- Location: Mino City, Osaka Prefecture
- Site Area: 157.61 ㎡
- Building Area: 97.29 ㎡
- Floor Area: 144.23 ㎡
- Design Period: June 2012 – September 2013
- Construction Period: October 2013 – June 2014
- Architects Team: Design Kohki Hiranuma (Principal Architect, Kohki Hiranuma Architect & Associates), Masahiro Inayama (Structural Engineer, Holzstr), Shigeo Kawazoe (Representative, Kawazoe Environmental Design), Koichi Minami (Representative, Minami Building Equipment Design),
- Cooperative Design: Reiko Sudo (Representative, Nuno)
- Contractor: Saburo Nishimura (Representative, Nishimura Architectural Studio)
Thursday, October 2nd, 2014
Article source: MDS Co.Ltd
The site is situated in a residential district on an undulating land in the suburb of Tokyo. The house stands on an irregular shaped lot facing a junction of three slightly sloping roads. Plan of the building is composed of exterior walls placed parallel to site perimeters, with garage and garden subtracted from those. Private rooms are provided along the exterior walls, and the remaining space is allocated for a public space for family gatherings. The shared space is defined by rotated walls set along spatial axis at various angles according to the surroundings, creating a sense of distortion in space. The ground level has stepped floors according to inclination of the land, and a floor that can be used as dining table is located at the center.
Image Courtesy © Masao Nishikawa
- Architects: MDS Co.Ltd
- Project: Naruse House
- Location: Machida, Japan
- Photography: Masao Nishikawa
- Date of Completion: 2013
- Structure: Wood
- Site Area: 229.84m2
- Total Floor Area: 94.91 m2
- Material Information:
- Exterior Finish: Yakisugi
- Roof: Galvanized color steel sheet standing-seam roofing
- Floor: Oak flooring
- Wall: Acrylic emulsion paint + plaster board
- Ceiling: Cedarboard uprightpaneling + OSCL
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Article source: Jo Nagasaka／Schemata Architects
We designed an office for MR_DESIGN, as known as a graphic designer Kenjiro Sano. The interior space is defined by the layout of the furniture, which has been meticulously designed. This enables the optimum use of the spacious interior, as it does not need partitions. Even in the meeting space, where partitions are usually required, we have established a free-flowing space by the use of umbrellas. These are commonly used as light reflectors, but they also function as sonic-reflection collectors that enable people to have conversations without partitions. This lighting system was designed for the editing of graphics in professional studios, its light-diffusion effect preventing shadows being cast onto the top of the table. As a further iconic element of the office, we have designed slopes connecting the interior spaces.
Image Courtesy © Takumi Ota
- Architects: Jo Nagasaka／Schemata Architects
- Project: MR_DESIGN OFFICE
- Location: Jingumae, Shibuya, Tokyo
- Photography: Takumi Ota
- Construction: Eiger(total), yuhei Nakamura(epoxy), E&Y(furniture)
- Design: Izumi Okayasu(technical Lighting cooperation)
- Floor area: 188.20m²
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Article source: eleven nine interior design office
We had the 1st floor entrance of the pro-design vocational school renovated into a main one. We proposed to have another added-value, other than learning and acquiring technical knowledge, incorporated in the space, in addition to the value of going to the school.
Image Courtesy © Seiryou Yamada
- Architects: eleven nine interior design office
- Project: VANTAN DESIGN INSTITUTE OSAK
- Location: 2-8-5 Shinsaibashi Osaka Chuo-ku, Osaka Japan
- Photography: Seiryou Yamada
- Area: 330m2
- Year: 2009
Sunday, September 28th, 2014
Article source: ALTS Design Office
We prepared this project for “Hatazaochi”, that means a lot whose figure is just like flag and the pole. This lot is surrounded by a condominium building and houses. There is a parking lot of a condominium building on the south side of the lot. But a house with a southern exposure is not good because the client wants to secure the privacy.
Image Courtesy © ALTS Design Office
- Architects: ALTS Design Office
- Project: Kusatsu house
- Location: Shiga, Japan
- Photography: Yuta Yamada
- Architects Member: Sumiou Mizumoto / Yoshitaka Kuga
- Construction: built of wood
- Number of stories: 2 Gross
- Area: 116.50 ㎡
- Completed date: 2014.9
Thursday, September 25th, 2014
Article source: eleven nine inteiror design office
Brisk clouds are drawn clearly on the glass of the dental clinic at daytime.
At sunset, they change into faint, washy mist like lines of smoke.
The surface is double structure.
A sheet with clouds design is attached on the outside glass, also the same design is printed on the inside PVC sheet.
Image Courtesy © Seiryou Yamada
- Architects: eleven nine inteiror design office
- Project: Hirose Dental Clinic
- Location: 32-16 Nosaku-cho Kawachinagano-City OSAKA, JAPAN
- Photography: Seiryou Yamada
- Area: 91.5m2
- Year: 2008