Article source: archdifusión
The project consisted in creating a high-end cocktail bar through the intervention of a basement in an inconspicuous building at Colonia Juarez, Mexico City.
A downward stairway brings you to the front door. Upon entrance, dimmed lighting creates a different atmosphere from that of the outdoors, helping the user to quickly forget the almost generic appearance of the building’s facade.
- Architects: archdifusión
- Project: XAMAN BAR
- Location: Colonia Juarez, Mexico, (Copenhagen 6, Colonia Juárez, 06600, Cuauhtémoc Delegation, Federal District, Mexico
- Photography: Luis Gallardo
- Collaboration with: despacho Durango, bi yuu, taller nacional, christopher lagunes / raisa torres, vanessa ortega zazir
- Construction area Constructed area: 260m2
- Construction: April-june 2015