Article source: Tense Architecture Network
The residence’s plot is small and an adjacent building almost blocks the southern sun. The main part of the field should remain free and become the residence itself: an austere prism, centrally supported, hovers above the liberated ground. At first, an area was defined: a cubic shell of plants creates a limit for the house. In order to reside, ones withdraws in. Three metallic columns support a net of inox ropes where plants have already started to climb in order to generate a volume equally important to the house’s prisms.
- Architects: Tense Architecture Network
- Project: Residence in Kifissia
- Location: Kifissia, Greece
- Photography: Filippo Poli
- Project Team: Tilemachos Andrianopoulos,Kostas Mavros, NestorasKanellos
- Structural design: AthanasiosKontizas