Article source: Love Architecture Inc.
The site for this project was located on a riverbank in a suburban residential area outside Tokyo. Surrounded by landscaped paths lined with cherry trees and small red bridges, the site features a community bus stop at one corner that makes an appearance in Hayao Miyazaki’s animated film “The Secret World of Arrietty”.
- Architects: Love Architecture Inc.
- Project: Cross House
- Location: Koganei, Japan
- Client: Private
- Structural design: LOW FAT structure Inc.
- Gross usable floor: 126.24㎡
- Lot size: 162,22㎡
- Start of work: April 2010
- Completion of work: December 2011
- Structure in : Timber