Article source: SPARCH Sakellaridou / Papanikolaou Architects
The Museum of Modern Art
We wanted to create a powerful image for the city skyline and a poetic spatial experience for the art lover. At the same time we wanted to keep the industrial image of the Silo. We wanted to give it new life without gentrifying it.
Our Museum is a hybrid Silo, industrial once, now filled with light and art. Its warehouse remains a warehouse, its tubes get filled with light and movement, its ethereal extensions do not disturb the robustness of the original structure, while the big horizontal ‘crane’ reflects the sunlight.
- Architects: SPARCH Sakellaridou / Papanikolaou Architects
- Project: ACTIVATE, GENERATE, INTEGRATE!
- Location: Kristiansand, Norway
- DESIGN TEAM:
- Project manager: Rena Sakellaridou
- Partner in charge (MEINICH ARKITEKTER): Ragnhild Torsteinsrud-Smith
- Partner in charge (SPARCH): Morpho Papanikolaou
- Sparch: A.Georgiadis, N.Tsompikou, N.Apergis, A.Verteouri, P.Tsogas, A.Vassileiou, Ch.Theodoropoulos, I.Kloni, G.Papanikolaou, architects
- Students: G.Apostolopoulos, Th.Sandros, K.Venieris
- Meinich arkitekter: N. Bongard, E. Serenko
- External Lighting: Eleytheria Deko