Article source: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
A new trade exhibition and congress center has been completed in Lianyungang, China to a design by architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners (gmp). The project was subject to an international competition, which was won by gmp. Situated in an urban development area between the city and the sea, the four large exhibition halls surround the congress area in the center of the building. The facades with their vertical incisions create the image of a barcode as a symbol of trade and commerce.
- Architects: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Project: Lianyungang Industrial Exhibition Center
- Location: Lianyungang, China
- Photography: Christian Gahl
- Design: Meinhard von Gerkan and Stephan Schütz with Stephan Rewolle
- Competition project leaders: Patrick Pfleiderer, Christa Hillebrand
- Competition design team: Jan Peter Deml, Li Ling, Lu Yun, Wang Yan, Xie Fang, Zhao Jing, Thilo Zehme, Liu Mo
- Project leaders, detailed design: Christa Hillebrand, Wang Yan
- Detailed design team: Jan Peter Deml, Andreas Goetze, Guo Fuhui, Li Ling, Mulyanto, Matthias Wiegelmann, Zhao Jing, Liu Yuchen, Nian Tie, Shen Chen, Li Chen
- Client: Lianyungang Rui Hao Investment and Development Co., Ltd.
- GFA: 77,418 m² above ground, 11,179 m² below ground