Article source: Atelier Zündel Cristea
Our project engages in an equilibrium (and disequilibrium) between the full and the empty, in other words between interior and exterior spaces, approaching both as materials.
There are six internal courtyards situated within the four unit complex: two large communal gardens of 350m², with four others interior to each unit, which light the way of the paths toward the rooms. The large open garden, accessible to all, is located in the eastern part of the grounds.
- Architects: Atelier Zündel Cristea
- Project: Medical care center for disabled people
- Location: Limay, France
- Status: Completion 2011
- Client: SIEVHS – SARRY 78
- Team: AZC – Choulet – Forgue – Batiserf
- Cost/Size: 8,97 M€ / 2555 m²
- Program: 55-bed hospital