Article source: Eskew+Dumez+Ripple
New Orleans has long been dependent on its majestic river. The banks of the Mississippi River have served many purposes throughout the city’s history and are now poised to play a crucial new role. The city’s economy has suffered the slow loss of maritime activity due to port consolidation and sudden, comprehensive loss of civic stability due to Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
- Architect: Eskew+Dumez+Ripple
- Name of Project: Reinventing the Crescent: Riverfront Development Plan
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Owner: The New Orleans Building Corporation
- Photo Credit: © Eskew+Dumez+Ripple