Posts Tagged ‘Lugo’
Sunday, July 30th, 2017
Article source: MANGADO & ASOC.SL.
The building for the research center of the firm Norvento is located on the border between an industrial enclave and a forest, close to the city of Lugo. The project adopts the form that enables the building to open on to the forest and be in a continuum with it, capitalizing on all the attributes that the woods can contribute to the architecture, while closing up on the side facing the adjacent industrial scene. It uses the opportunity to establish a clear-cut scheme through architectural, typological, and spatial attributes.
Image Courtesy © Juan Rodríguez
- Architects: MANGADO & ASOC.SL.
- Project: Building for New Norvento Headquarter
- Location: Lugo, Spain
- Photography: Juan Rodríguez
- Client: NORVENTO ENERXIA S.L.
- Architect: Francisco Mangado
- Project manager: Francisco Mangado
- Architecture: Sergio Helguera, Jose M. Gastaldo, Luis Alves, Eduardo Ruiz, Angel Martinez, Paula Juango
- Structural engineering: IDI Ingenieros
- Energy-efficiency engineering: NORVENTO ENERXIA S.L.
- Energy concept: NORVENTO ENERXIA S.L.
Friday, January 27th, 2017
Article source: Abalo Alonso Arquitectos
Connection and accessibility between the historical city center and the coast.
Ribadeo is located in the north-west of Galicia, at the border with Asturias and edging the estuary which bears its very same name. It has some nine thousand inhabitants, most of them working at the services sector. It has a protected historical quarter, a marina and a commercial port, which is strategically located in the Cantabrian coast. Within the municipality of Ribadeo lies the Catedrales beach, whose surrounding area is the second most visited place in Galicia, following Santiago de Compostela’s Cathedral. Ribadeo is a favorite summer holiday destination not just for people from the Lugo province, but also from people from every corner of Spain.
Image Courtesy © santos diez / bisimages
- Architects: Abalo Alonso Arquitectos (Elizabeth Abalo, Gonzalo Alonso)
- Project: ACCESSIBLE RIBADEO
- Location: Ribadeo, Lugo, Spain
- Photography: santos diez / bisimages
- Carlos Bóveda, arquitecto.
- Juan A. Pérez Valcárcel, Dr. Arquitecto. Cálculo de estructuras.
- Promotion: Concello de Ribadeo. Ministerio de Medio Ambiente, Medio Rural y Marino.
- Construction: Dragados. Delegado Vicente Delgado. Jefe de obra, Antón Laxe
- Materials: Concrete, steel, stone
- Date: 2005 – 2010
Tuesday, May 28th, 2013
Article source: Arquitectos Ayala
In a small hamlet of four inhabitants called Gatariza, which belongs to the village Negradas within the municipality of O Vicedo (Lugo), on the banks of the river Sor, we built, or better refurbished, a small house that had belonged to a fisherman who had just passed away and transformed it into a holiday house.In Galicia, rural houses are distributed with such common sense that it is difficult for any architect to improve on this.
Image Courtesy Arquitectos Ayala
- Architects: Arquitectos Ayala
- Project: The Fisherman’s House
- Location: Negradas, Lugo, Spain
Tuesday, May 21st, 2013
Article source: Abalo Alonso Arquitectos
Monterroso is a small village in the province of Lugo famous for its annual fair, more than five hundred years old, celebrated on the Day of the Dead. As often happens in these cases, the health center covers an area larger than the core of the city, and a significantly aging population. To the northwest corner of the block, the bus stop acquires a significant importance, whereas the possible relationship with the municipal headquarters to the northeast is less important.
Image Courtesy © Santos Díez
- Architects: Abalo Alonso Arquitectos
- Project: Monterroso Health Center
- Location: Monterroso, Lugo, Spain
- Photography: Santos-Díez / BISimages
- Projetct Arquitects: Elizabeth Abalo Díaz, Gonzalo Alonso
- Year: 2013
- Building developer: Xunta de Galicia. Sergas
- Building company: Ute. Jefe de obra, Samuel Requejo.
- Collaborators: David Lareo, Manuel Sanmartín, Francisco Vázquez, arquitectos.
- Structures: Carlos Bóveda, arquitecto.
- Building Services: Inaec ingeniería.
- Technical Arquitect: Francisco González Varela
- Budget: 1.192.575€
- Area: 1.063,86m2