The river Meuse serves many different purposes. Next to being an important transport route for inland shipping, its banks accommodate agriculture, plants, wildlife and recreational activity. The water that flows through the Meuse is used as drinking water, for industrial processes and as cooling water. Its summer bed is an important source of sand and gravel. In the event of flooding the danger must be gone against.
- Architects: Wiel Arets Architects
- Project: Regiocentrale Zuid
- Location: Maasbracht, The Netherlands
- Project Team: Wiel Arets, Bettina Kraus, Rob Willemse, Julius Klatte
- Collaborators: Harold Hermans
- Budget: € 7.416.000
- Software used: Drawn using Vectorworks and renderings are created using Photoshop