Article source: SML Arquitectos
The project consisted of three cabins located in Maitencillo, Chile on a small site 15 mts. wide by 35 mts. deep. The design had to guarantee the independence and ocean view of each unit, keeping at the same time a unitary composition of the three cabins. That is to say, it should function either as one big house or three independent units that could be used by different families. Additionally, the project was restricted by a tight budget and a short construction period that forced the use of cheap materials and efficient constructive systems.
- Architects: Somigli-Moreno-Lama Arquitectos
- Project: 3 Houses in Maitencillo
- Location: Maitencillo, Chile
- Architect Team: Juan Sebastian Lama, Felipe Moreno, Franco Somigli
- Surface: 190 M2
- Constructor: Manuel Arredondo
- Project Date: 2010
- Construction: 2011
- Photography: Juan Sebastian Lama, Franco Somigli
- Materials: Wood, Fiber Cement Boards.