Posts Tagged ‘Malaysia’
Sunday, July 12th, 2015
Article source: Ministry of Design Pte Ltd
Loke Thye Kee Residences is situated in the heart of Georgetown Penang, one of 5 Malaysian UNESCO world sites rich in heritage. MOD’s design draws inspiration from this heritage and specifically the historic Loke Thye Kee restaurant, its 100-year-old namesake and neighbor. Both the restaurant and the residences re developed by the same owner, 1919 Global Sdn Bhd.
Image Courtesy © Ministry of Design Pte Ltd
Tuesday, April 28th, 2015
Article source: Eowon Designs Sdn Bhd
Completed in 2015, our latest project – BSG Sales Gallery, another great team work by our architecture team x interior design team, Nestled along the hustle bustle street of Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, formerly known as Northam Road. A very different kind of its uniqueness outstanding very much among all it catches one’s first glimpse! A not-so-an-ordinary sales gallery.
Image Courtesy © Teh Weng Jen
- Architects: Eowon Designs Sdn Bhd
- Project: BSG Sales Gallery Penang Malaysia
- Location: BSG Sales Gallery, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, Penang, Malaysia
- Photography: Teh Weng Jen
- Software used: Autocad, Sketch up, 3D Studio Max
- Submitting Architect: Hock Tan architect
- Client: Nuwata Sdn. Bhd.
- Interior Design: Eowon Designs Sdn. Bhd.
- Material list for BSG Sales Gallery:
- External wall- 12mm calcium silicate board (Hilux)
- Roof- 0.48mm TCT kip lok metal deck (Bluescop)
- curtain wall- 0.83mm laminated glass panel
- Floor- black polished cementitious floor
- Facade panel- composite timber
- Timber deck- composite timber
- Main structure – Steel
- Wall=- light weight block
Wednesday, January 28th, 2015
Article source: Ryuichi Ashizawa Architect & Associates
This project is an extension of the existing factory, reclaiming ground adjacent to the jungle in Johor, Malaysia. The factories in the 19th century gave priority to rationality and productivity, so we wanted to transcend the factory typology by incorporating elements that would make the Islamic workers proud of the new working environment they would be facing.
Image Courtesy © kaoriichikawa
- Architects: Ryuichi Ashizawa Architect & Associates
- Project: Factory on the Earth
- Location: Plot D04,jalan Tanjung A/4, PelabuhanTanjung Pelepas, 81560 GelangPatah, johor, MALAYSIA
- Photography: kaoriichikawa
- Software used: Vectorworks, ArchiCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, DIALux
- Client: JST Malaysia
- Construction: Nakano Construction sdnBhd
- Site Area: 46,489㎡
- Building Area: 15,232㎡
- Total Floor Area: 25,141㎡
Wednesday, November 19th, 2014
Article source: OVA Studio Ltd
As part of a large residential development in Melaka, Malaysia, that consists of more than 1000 houses of various types, Sandan Villas are only 7 in total, the high end products of this entire scheme.
The concept is based on an decomposition of the house into open boxes, where the edges seems to form a ribbon leading from one end to the other, from the entrance to the infinity pool, while preserving intimacy and orienting the main spaces toward the open views.
Image Courtesy © OVA Studio Ltd
- Architects: OVA Studio Ltd
- Project: Sandan Villas
- Location: Melaka, Malaysia
- Client: S.P.B.
- Project stage: Under construction
- Architects / Directors: Mr. Slimane Ouahès, Mr. Christophe Barthelemy
- Architect Assistants: Alice NG, Stephanie Mendoza
Saturday, July 26th, 2014
Article source: C’ arch architecture
The Pulau Banding Rainforest Research Centre is located in an environmentally sensitive area at the heart of the Belum-Temenggor Forest Complex. Conceived during a series consultations with various NGO’s, it represents a key element of the client’s commitment to sustainable development on the island.
Image Courtesy © 807Studio Sdn Bhd
- Architects: C’ arch architecture
- Project: Pulau Banding Rainforest Research Centre
- Location: Pulau Banding, 33200 Gerik, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia
- Photography: 807Studio Sdn Bhd
- Total Site Area: 8,888 sq. meter
Tuesday, July 1st, 2014
Article source: Shatotto Architecture
S P Setia, considered as one of the largest developers in Malaysia. their new large venture “Setia Alam” is located in the “Shah Alam” area, south west of Kuala Lumpur. In this approximately five thousand acres of new city, S P Setia decided to build their own headquarters on a four-acre of land. This developed the idea for a very formal design approach to emphasize on the social commitment of S P Setia to contribute in the national development of Malaysia through their edifice in this new city. Further to that, the Setia headquarters have been designed as a green building and achieved first ever private commercial building in Malaysia green buildings “platinum” certification.
Image Courtesy © Shatotto Architecture
Saturday, March 29th, 2014
Article source: T.R. Hamzah & Yeang Sdn Bhd
The project is a data centre with ancillary facilities i.e. Administration Offices, Reception Lobby, Telco Tower and a Service Management Centre (Command Centre) for Digi Telecommunications Sdn. Bhd.
Image Courtesy © T.R. Hamzah & Yeang Sdn Bhd
- Architects: T.R. Hamzah & Yeang Sdn Bhd
- Project: DIGI Technology Operation Centre
- Location: Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
- Client: DIGI Telecommunications Sdn. Bhd.
- No. of Storeys: 4 Storey (23.5m high)
- Construction start: April 2009
- Completion: July 2010
- Areas: Total gross area (GFA): 12,468 sq.m.
- Site Areas: Lot 42 (8517 sq.m.) & Lot 43 (8561 sq.m.)
- M&E engineer: Norman Disney & Young Sdn Bhd
- C&S Engineer: DE Perunding Sdn Bhd
- Quantity Surveyor: Juru Ukur Bahan Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Interior Designer: T. R. Hamzah & Yeang Designs International Sdn. Bhd.
- Landscape Architect: T. R. Hamzah & Yeang Landskap Sdn. Bhd.
- Substructure Contractor: G-Pile Sistem Sdn Bhd
Tuesday, February 4th, 2014
Article source: REX
View of the PetronasTowers through external sun shade, Image Courtesy © REX
- Project: EQUATOR TOWER
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Photography: Luxigon, REX.
- CLIENT: Confidential
- PROGRAM: 380-meter (1,230-foot), 80-story tower comprised of offices and related amenities, including auditoria, bar, banquet halls, cafeterias, executive clubs, gift shop, meeting rooms, prayer halls, restaurants, retail, and sky terraces.
- AREA 173,000 m2 (1,860,000 sf)
- CONSTRUCTION BUDGET: Confidential
- STATUS: Limited competition, 2012; one of five winning entries, 2013
- KEY PERSONNEL: Adam Chizmar, Danny Duong, Luis Gil, Alysen Hiller, Gabriel Jewell-Vitale, Roberto Otero, Se Yoon Park, Joshua Prince-Ramus, Yuan Tiauriman, Cristina Webb
- EXECUTIVE ARCHITECT: DP
- CONSULTANTS: ARUP, Barker Mohandas, DEGW, Front, Magnusson Klemencic,Martha Schwartz Partners.
Wednesday, September 11th, 2013
Article source: Fabian Tan Architect
The brief was to transform a typical pitched roofed bungalow house into a modern contemporary home. The configuration of the bedrooms upstairs were retained, extended only to make the rooms larger. The major redesign focused on the ground floor with the disassembling of walls into open plan spaces.
Image Courtesy © Eiffel Chong
- Architects: Fabian Tan Architect
- Project: Voila House
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Photography: Eiffel Chong
- Area: 475 sqm
- Year: 2013
Saturday, April 6th, 2013
Article source: Seksan Design
Sekeping Kong Heng, in the charming old town of Ipoh, is the latest addition to the Sekeping family of retreats. It is located in a 3 storey neo-classical building which also houses a famous coffee shop of the same name on the ground floor that serves great coffee and the best local dishes in town. All effort has been made to preserve as much of the character of the existing building as possible in contrast to the surrounding new architectural interventions. In addition, an extension has been added at the back, tucked away to reveal an inner courtyard with a dramatic stairway to take guests up to their rooms.
Image Courtesy © Rupajiwa Studio
- Architects: Seksan Design
- Project: Sekeping Kong Heng
- Location: Ipoh, Malaysia
- Photography: Rupajiwa Studio