Article source: Juana Canet Arquitectos
The project responds to the idea of extending the school with a multipurpose room in an adjacent plot which should be connected internally and have an independent entrance from the street.
The plot is rectangular in a 4:1 proportion and the aim is to have a whole 7 meter span open space with natural light and crossed ventilation. In order to achieve that the façade will have to provide as much light as possible and skylights will need to be incorporated in the roofing and on top of the internal staircase. The multipurpose room will be connected in two different levels with the school, at ground level through an ascendant staircase and at roofing level through a descending ramp.
- Architects: Juana Canet Arquitectos
- Project: Chromatic Play
- Location: Housing development in Bendinat, Mallorc, Spain
- Type: Multipurpose classroom primary school
- Team: Juana Canet arquitectos;
- Client: Hermanos de la Sagrada Familia (SAFA)
- Constractor: NACAM s.l.
- Surface: 167,98 m2
- Contract value: 208.198,20 €
- Data: Completed September 2011
- Software used: Autocad,3d max, Photoshop, Rhino