Article source: MAGK illiz Architekten
An influx and increasing birth rate in the community situated to the south of Vienna called for the creation of more, particularly state-of-the-art child care facilities. Therefore a competition tender submission for a new child care centre was issued in 2008. The existing 19th century ‘Gründerzeit’ school was to be extended by eight primary school classes, a after-school care club and a kindergarten with kitchen.
The association of architects MAGK illiz won the competition and was awarded the tender.
- Architects: MAGK illiz Architekten
- Project: Childcare Centre
- Location: Maria Enzersdorf, Austria
- Draft and General Planning: Arge MAGK illiz, illiz architektur ZT OG, illiz architektur
- Project Architects: Günter Klein, Sabrina Peters, Martin Aichholzer, Petra Schlömer, Stefanie Wögrath
- Staff Team: Karin Gutmann, Jiri Koten, Rosemarie Lebzeltern, Christian Eibensteiner, Stefan Kehrer
- Builder: Infrastrukturverein & Co KG
- Utilisation: Care facility with primary school, crèche and kindergarten, canteen and multi-purpose hall plus various open spaces