Article source: Danny Broe Architect
The brief: To create an Australian version of an English garden room at the rear of an existing Federation style brick house.
The challenge of this design was to create a room with lots of glass that was still suited to the hot climate of Australia. We achieved this by reducing the glass in the roof to a reflective glass triangular skylight and the careful placement of external glass in relation to the direction of the sun.
- Architects: Danny Broe Architect
- Project: Marrickville house renovation
- Location: Marrickville, Sydney
- Design Team: Danny Broe Architect
- Builder: On Constructions Pty Ltd
- Program: Garden room Extension
- Engineer: Trevor trevorvalairealaire