Article source: Mandaworks + Hosper Sweden
Mandaworks and Hosper Sweden have been awarded third prize in the open international architectural competition in Mikkeli,
Finland. From 107 proposals submitted last October, Mandaworks and Hosper Sweden were one of five teams selected to
continue work in the second stage. On April 25, 2013 the results were announced. Winners of the contest were Arkkitehtitoimisto AJAK Oy. Mandaworks and Hosper received € 30,000 for the third prize.
- Architects: Mandaworks + Hosper Sweden
- Project: Resilient Mikkeli
- Location: Mikkeli, Finland
- Organizer: Mikkeli Municipality, Finland Association of Architects
- Purpose: The purpose of the contest was to find a model for how Mikkeli can densify around and best utilize the lakefront in an ecologically sensitive way.
- Software used: Autocad and Adobe Creative suite, 3d modeling was done in sketch up